Used Fon Spot From Uk

Hi, guys! I can buy used Fon spot(not sure what version it is) in UK. In wiki it says you should not enable internet on it before installing jasager.

So can i use it anyway? And what about firmware, can any firmaware be downgraded to needed one?

Thanks for help. :rolleyes:

PS or i will be better with open mesh...what is more reliable?

Edited by Kei

• 2 weeks later...

All UK Fons come with redboot listening on IP 0.0.0.0 which means it is impossible to communicate with it. Not sure about using mtd to access it but for the redboot, and I'm pretty sure the windows apps, you'll need a serial cable to get into it first and set the IP to something routable so it can be seen.

All UK Fons come with redboot listening on IP 0.0.0.0 which means it is impossible to communicate with it. Not sure about using mtd to access it but for the redboot, and I'm pretty sure the windows apps, you'll need a serial cable to get into it first and set the IP to something routable so it can be seen.

@ Digininja - I am pretty sure I read somewhere you have used the PL2303 serial USB cable. Is this true? These cables seem to be pretty widespread and cheaply available.

Thanks,

jprknight