How Can I Remove My Company's It Dept Installed Spyware?

I recently handed my notebook over to the IT guys to install some licensed software. I've had the sneaking suspicion, however, they've been monitoring my computer activity ever since they returned it to me and then this employee monitoring spyware is founded. I'm really exasperated against that. :angry: Can I remove it ?How?

Sparda says: BANNED

Edited by Sparda

how can you tell they've installed an activity monitoring software on your computer?

Secondly are you able to tell if there is any other software besides the software you installed on your computer installed? So if you go to add or remote programs in the control panel, is there any software that you do not recognize?

Thirdly, check for any unusual processes running on the background (go to task manager)

Try installing a firewall on your computer that, should stop any application from accessing the internet. If however there is an application trying to gain access to the internet, the firewall should display the name of the application or process trying to connect to the internet. If its something you do not recognize it, it could be it.

Use System Restore to roll back your system to an earlier state.

if that does not work, read this article there are some good tips on detecting activity monitoring software.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-t...pying-software/

Let me know how you go.

Edited by Infiltrator

If this is a work computer, then you don't have a choice. If this was your home, personal netbook (that you own), you should have never given it to them in the first place. #1, if they put anything on there, you basically gave them permission by giving them your netbook to install work software on it. #2, if they added any monitoring software and you don't want it on the device, and YOU OWN the device, format and reinstall the OS back to original settings.

If you must have their software to do your work, either from home or abroad, my suggestion is a beefier laptop with a VM that you can install their software in to keep separate from your main OS.

Edited by digip

He doesn't look like a Spammer, he looks legit to me.

Guest Deleted_Account

Simply put if its YOUR laptop demand they remove or you'll take legal action. If it's there and you signed an agreement USE YOUR OWN COMPUTER! It s for work right??

The post has my spammy senses tingling ;)

May be you correct, he hasn't replied to any of our responses. So it could be a spam.

I'll just leave this here: <removed>

Thats a good catch. I would say Sparda is right, its spam. The poster or bot probably doesn't realize that you cant post links in your first post so that would explain the identical posts in the other forum with same name but no link on ours.