Kon-boot To Cd

joeypesci

I think this is really simple, burning it to CD so it's bootable. But for the life of me, I can't work out how to do it with Kon-Boot. The ISO won't burn the normal way and Windows won't open it.

Confused.

I think this is really simple, burning it to CD so it's bootable. But for the life of me, I can't work out how to do it with Kon-Boot. The ISO won't burn the normal way and Windows won't open it.

Confused.

You got to burn the ISO to a disc and boot from it. Opening the ISO wont do much for ya. It's just a mini linux disc which modifies the windows kernel in memory on the fly. If you can't get it to boot then must be your image is bad.

Use Nero Burning Rom if you want to burn an ISO image to a CD.

Confused.

The image may look blank/empty in whatever software you're using, but it's not.

Just burn it, boot from it, and see what happens.

Guest Deleted_Account

Kon-boot can be annoying sometimes as well. I got in the habit of using Ubuntu to burn it or Windows 7's ISO burner. As using anything else results in it not booting some reason :(

Kon-boot can be annoying sometimes as well. I got in the habit of using Ubuntu to burn it or Windows 7's ISO burner. As using anything else results in it not booting some reason :(

Thanks for the replies. That's what was happening. It would burn but refuse to work after burning.

Guest Deleted_Account
Your copy must be screwed up then.

Not only that i think Kon-Boot is a purchasable software *whistle* but there is the internet you can find it...

Well the new version that is :P the old v1.1 is still free fortunately (although i don't get the paid one it is supposes to add 64 bit support for win 7 yet i've had know problems with the free version so weird :S

Well the new version that is :P the old v1.1 is still free fortunately (although i don't get the paid one it is supposes to add 64 bit support for win 7 yet i've had know problems with the free version so weird :S

Are you trying to gain access to windows or simply trying to burn Konboot to a disk?

• 4 months later...

How embarrassing. After months of just leaving this, I mentioned it at work and another engineer tried. They had same issue. But then I had the thought, why not just try to boot from it, even though Windows claims it's empty. Booting from it and works fine.

So after all that and throwing about about 4 CDs that were probably fine. It was cause I was an idiot and didn't think to try to actually boot from the CD to test.

Fool :)

How embarrassing. After months of just leaving this, I mentioned it at work and another engineer tried. They had same issue. But then I had the thought, why not just try to boot from it, even though Windows claims it's empty. Booting from it and works fine.

So after all that and throwing about about 4 CDs that were probably fine. It was cause I was an idiot and didn't think to try to actually boot from the CD to test.

Fool :)

That's completely acceptable that can happen to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...