A Bit Of A Newbie Question :) (just Bought Wifi Pineapple V2)

Ok so I just bought the Wifi Pineapple V2 and am glad I did

However I am a bit newbie at how this all works so I have a few questions:

1. What is Karma?

2. Explain the following

[ Wifi Pineapple V2 ] ------- [ Laptop (with wireless card) ] --------- [ Another Wifi Access Point ]

The "-------" represent a connection

How do I make the above work? I bridge my Wireless Connection with the LAN connection for the Pineapple but it didn't work.

Thanks if I didn't explain it enough please say so!

-CF

Edited by Blinded

http://www.metasploit.com/redmine/projects...i/Karmetasploit

Jasager.jpg

My setup.

You need to use a crossover cable between your Fon and Laptop. Then setup whatever form of ICS (internet connection sharing) depending on if you are using Linux or Windows. I personally use Linux. Please search the Jasager project forum there is info about this all over.

I didnt even know what it was called I though in linux it was called "internet connection sharing"

I lack the basic resources to even search for it

Thanks for the help anyways - I am trying to share my wireless I'll post my results once I've done so

I didnt even know what it was called I though in linux it was called "internet connection sharing"

I lack the basic resources to even search for it

http://www.google.com/search?q=share+inter...nection+windows

http://www.google.com/search?q=internet+co...ring+on+windows

Gives same results. If you can visit Hak5 you can visit google. Sometimes I don't know exactly the terms to search for but I search what i know and find the right terms, then find information.

Ok I read up a little but on the internet connection sharing

I shared my wireless connection (which is connected to my normal AP) and the pineapple is connected via ethernet to my computer but it still isn't working

Here is a picture of my setup

14d3q76.png

Are you using a crossover cable to connect the Pineapple to your computer?

How are you testing if it is "working" or what do you expect it to do when it's working?

If you have a crossover cable connecting pineapple to your PC, you bridge the LAN and Wifi card and connect the wifi to a legit access point with internet. Then you would have to have another client/computer try to access an open wifi but get sucked in the jasager (assuming jasager is turned on and running Karma)

Edited by Mr-Protocol

Are you using a crossover cable to connect the Pineapple to your computer?

How are you testing if it is "working" or what do you expect it to do when it's working?

If you have a crossover cable connecting pineapple to your PC, you bridge the LAN and Wifi card and connect the wifi to a legit access point with internet. Then you would have to have another client/computer try to access an open wifi but get sucked in the jasager (assuming jasager is turned on and running Karma)

I'm tested by having a laptop connect to "pineapple" wireless and trying to go to a website

And it doesn't work "Page not found" etc

I'm doing internet connection sharing through my wireless card - maybe I need to change something in the pineapples settings?

"Are you using a crossover cable to connect the Pineapple to your computer?"

Yes

Edited by Blinded

• 2 weeks later...

I think it depends on your Laptop/computer.

My brother has a newer Mac laptop and he can just change an option to use a straight through cable as a crossover by software change.

I'd assume other cards would auto detect as well. But I use a 6-7 year old laptop.

If a straight through cable works. Great.

If not, try a cross-over.

What OS and computer you using that it works with straight through?

I use like I said an old laptop with BackTrack 4 installed on the HDD.

Edited by Mr-Protocol