I Need Help Installing Jasager With Ap51flash-gui

There are no instruction on the website how to use ap51flash which is for Windows users since not everybody is comfortable with Linux and I don't want to brick the Fon by trying. I tried the 2 files that I got from the firmware file and I get an error. I was just hoping that someone besides me had tried to do this with ap51flash and could give me some assistance.

There are no instruction on the website how to use ap51flash which is for Windows users since not everybody is comfortable with Linux and I don't want to brick the Fon by trying. I tried the 2 files that I got from the firmware file and I get an error. I was just hoping that someone besides me had tried to do this with ap51flash and could give me some assistance.

I used both windows and linux tools. They work the same, practically any firmware flashing tool will work. Gargoyle i think even has a "Fon firmware flash" http://www.gargoyle-router.com/download.php fon-flash-windows.zip

Unplug power to the Fon/OpenMesh Router. Open the fon flash windows program. Select a network Interface. The firmware type should be OpenWRT. Load digininja's firmware into the program, Connect crossover cable between that computer and the Fon/OpenMesh router. Hit GO on the firmware flash and quickly plug in the power to the Fon/OpenMesh.

Edited by Mr-Protocol

Thank you for your help, I was able to flash the Fon with the 2 files "openwrt-atheros-root.squashfs" and "openwrt-atheros-vmlinux", but after I rebooted I am not able to log in to the Jasager interface. Is there anything I missed? It looks like the DHCP server is not working and I tried static settings and still no luck.

It comes up on a static IP by default, set your IP to one on that subnet and then connect to it.

Search for forums, there are plenty of descriptions on how to do this.

I followd the instructions and tried to login at 192.168.1.1:1471 but its not working. I was wondering if something went wrong with the flashing since the Fon does not assign an IP and also the Wifi light is not on. When I flashed it with the Windows utility it took about 30 minutes and I got the message completed successfully and no errors.

thanks for your help

These are the steps I made when I was going through the process of making mine.

1)    Jailbreak Fon (Hak5 Forums) then Using Jasager Firmware 2.1 from digininja using FonFlash.exe or ap51-flash-fonera-gui1.0-42.exe

2)    Telnet the fon (192.168.1.1) and 'passwd root' then 'reboot'

3)    Use winscp424 and transfer over haserl_0.9.24-1_mips.ipk and webif_0.3-4709_mips.ipk to the /tmp directory on the fon

4)    SSH (putty) into the fon and cd /tmp then run 'opkg install haserl...' when completed run 'opkg install webif...' then 'reboot'

5)    Edit /etc/config/dhcp
        list 'dhcp_option'      '3,192.168.169.16'  **Sets Gateway to Laptop LAN card
        list 'dhcp_option'      '6,8.8.8.8'        **Sets DNS to GoogleDNS

6)    Edit /karma/www/cgi-bin/functions.rb
    under "def create_interface()" add the following:
    system("sleep 1")
    system("brctl addif br-lan ath0 2>&1 > /dev/null")

7)    Login webif, Network tab, DHCP subtab, Disable Bogus Private Reverse Lookups, Disable filterwin2k, Disable Localise Queries   ---Save settings and apply

8)    Login Webif, Network Tab, Networks subtab, Set IP address 192.168.169.169 with netmask 255.255.255.0   ---Save settings and apply

Optional: edit /etc/banner

I followed your earlier instructions and used the Gargoyle Windows flash software withe the firmware from Digininja and the 2 files that I got after I uncompress it. It completed it without errors but I cannot log in to the Jasager interface after it was completed.

I like to install Jasager on my Fon2201 using ap51flash-gui. Has anyone done it and what are the correct files to use.

I have used the command line ap51-flash-fonera-1.0-42 in linux for the 2100, and it seemed to work fine. The files in the http://www.hak5.org/w/index.php/Fon_Jasager_Install zip had them all. The key for me was that after you execute the ap51flash file, you have to reboot the Fon to have the installation process start. I'm still working on getting it to serve out an IP and DNS and stuff like that, but it seems stable.

• 3 weeks later...