Desktop PC for Sale on Ebay

angelictorment

but what if this is simply another ebay scam?

The scammers are having to work harder to get peopel to fall for there scams, and this guy might be trying to make us all think he is actualy a real person with real technical background (sort of) by posting. There by gaining a certian level of trust... VaKo, can you check if he is using proxys please? :P

I normally wouldn't sell but I'm selling to build something else... The girlfriend also needs something that travels a bit better than her desktop. I have a linux server already so thats kind of out of the question.Don't really need two of those... Well that linux box also has Win2k3Server on it... But thats used for my network security and defense classes.

LoL! Me using proxies, doubtful... I have a router though :-p... But that wouldn't hide my IP Addy from signing up on a forum... And a scam... not hardly... And yes I do have quite a bit of technical back ground especially when it comes to building computers. Been doing it for the past 12yrs.

The scammers are having to work harder to get peopel to fall for there scams, and this guy might be trying to make us all think he is actualy a real person with real technical background (sort of) by posting. There by gaining a certian level of trust... VaKo, can you check if he is using proxys please? :P

No proxy know for that address... i checked before. And anyway, if its an ebay scam, its ebays problem.

Hak5 forums aren't eBay, but if you want to try and hock your widgets here feel free and keep it in 'everything else'. We don't claim responsability when it comes to transactions between users or anything of that nature.

Its a fair warning, so if you end up with a turnip painted yellow and the words "intel inside" painted on the side, talk to the seller.

I normally wouldn't sell but I'm selling to build something else... The girlfriend also needs something that travels a bit better than her desktop. I have a linux server already so thats kind of out of the question.Don't really need two of those... Well that linux box also has Win2k3Server on it... But thats used for my network security and defense classes.

you cant never have too many linux boxes!

P.S.

Your sig is way too tall

No proxy know for that address... i checked before. And anyway, if its an ebay scam, its ebays problem.

Hak5 forums aren't eBay, but if you want to try and hock your widgets here feel free and keep it in 'everything else'. We don't claim responsability when it comes to transactions between users or anything of that nature.

Its a fair warning, so if you end up with a turnip painted yellow and the words "intel inside" painted on the side, talk to the seller.

LMFAO! A turnip painted yellow huh? I have one of those to with AMD on it :)

yeah but they've had that for ages, it's nothing new...

...the VeggieNet support is awesome though... they just released the VeggieLAN 4.3 patch yesterday so I can finally stream groceries right to my hamper :D