Capturing Skype Calls?

okha

Skype uses proprietary encryption which, apparently, has been broken by people, however, the information to decrypt skype calls is not public as far as I am aware.

You could use ARP poisoning to capture all the data from a skype call however.

I've read in other forums that Cain and Abel is able to capture VOIP and record it to a file.

I was going to mention that, but Skype encapsulates the data in it's own encryption as Sparda noted. So I don't believe Cain & Abel will recognize it as VOIP traffic.

I guess we all have to wait until the someone can manage to crack the encryption.

well yeap i have tried cain but its doesn't log the voip calls it gives some codec error. And yea i have captured some traffic with wireshark during MITM attack.. how to make use of it? As it doent identify any voip streams!

Wasn't there a tool in back track for this at one point? Or was it for plain old VoIP?

well i dont think there is any coz skype calls are encrypted so cain doesnt work and so does other voip tools... the megapanzer exploit is the only tool that i know which can record voip call by injecting into skype process and recording the call and sending it to web...as mentioned on megapanzer site

• 2 weeks later...
Wasn't there a tool in back track for this at one point? Or was it for plain old VoIP?

I believe the tool in backtrack was for collecting G711 and G729 voip streams for payback which can be done within wireshark anyway.

With skype they use there own codec / compression which i believe has been cracked somewhere. I know that asterisk has a skype addon so who ever built that would know the decryption...