Get Referring Page From Ajax Apps

r4v37t

Recently I learned ajax application, but before I had to learn HTML and PHP.

Ajax applications have a little problem that I found, are the steps I found my problems:

1. I made a list of some of the news.

2. I open the news that I want to use ajax.

3. In news that I go there are more news links.

4. I again opened another news story that I found on the previous open.

- My problems started from here -

5. How can I get back on the news pages before (on step 2)?

In this case I use:

1. index.php (as file to show list of some of the news).

2. news_detail.php (as file to show detail of news).

-->news_detail.php parameter

-->-->id (use to select what news is show).

Please help me to solve this problems,

---edited---

in my case all news link is open by ajax combined with PHP, help me to find the answer in AJAX apps.

---edited---

Greeting,

Edited by r4v37t

Take a look at this tutorial, there is a sample php code on how page numbering works.

http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/wikis/ph...-using-php.aspx

Edited by Infiltrator

Sorry I misread your post.

Edited by Infiltrator

This is a preview of my apps:

This is my address location on my web browser:

01.jpg

This is my link when I want to see the detail of news:

02.jpg

When I want get the refferer page is always this URL is appear:

01.jpg

not the URL that I open when I open any link in the news I have open before:

02.jpg

Edited by r4v37t

Hi r4v37t,

I can definitely help you with your problem, but I am really confused as to what exactly you are trying to do with your page. Saying "I want to use ajax when a user clicks on a link" can mean a TON of different events occurring.

Looking at your steps, it seems like a really difficult problem (i.e. i am unsure if a browser allows this) being able to travel from page #3 directly back to page #1. The only way i can think this can work from a user experience perspective is by controlling the entire UI every step of the way. By controlling the UI, you can provide a link in the page for the user to click to jump back to page #1 no matter where they are in the site. If you do not control the UI of page #3, then you are out of luck.

If this is not how i should have interpreted your steps, please clarify a bit more as to what you are trying to do?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi r4v37t,

I can definitely help you with your problem, but I am really confused as to what exactly you are trying to do with your page. Saying "I want to use ajax when a user clicks on a link" can mean a TON of different events occurring.

Looking at your steps, it seems like a really difficult problem (i.e. i am unsure if a browser allows this) being able to travel from page #3 directly back to page #1. The only way i can think this can work from a user experience perspective is by controlling the entire UI every step of the way. By controlling the UI, you can provide a link in the page for the user to click to jump back to page #1 no matter where they are in the site. If you do not control the UI of page #3, then you are out of luck.

If this is not how i should have interpreted your steps, please clarify a bit more as to what you are trying to do?

Are you referring to bread crumb trail.