Console Videogame to PC

dragoon670

I was looking into finding ways to hook my ps2 or gamecube up to display on my pc since my pc screen is about 1000 times better than the tv I currently have them hooked up to. I realize i'd need some sort of capture card, however the inside of my machine is pretty much maxed out on space, so I was looking into an external card, are there any externals that any of you recommend, or would it really be the best idea to get an internal at some point?

I ordered it from the company, I managed to get the pro version at a discount but I needed to order a load of chips from them, but I think you can pick it up for around $1900. If your display can handle 1080p and you want to run an Xbox360 you will be wasting your money on anything else.

For those of us lacking two grand though a simple video card with TV support will work. Most laptops now have at least S-Video or a Composite connection, and basically all cards made in the last year or two by nVidia and Radeon have tv in/out support. On my desktop at home I run a Radeon x700 Pro and have been known to hook a PS2 or N64 up to it from time to time. If you tell me your video card I'll PM you a quick setup guide.

I realize i'd need some sort of capture card, however the inside of my machine is pretty much maxed out on space, so I was looking into an external card, are there any externals that any of you recommend, or would it really be the best idea to get an internal at some point?

Ahem.

On a more productive note, try the link below for some external goodness :D

http://www.baber.com/baber/graphics/tv_tuners/external.htm

If your maxed out on space then your AGP slot is filled with something (which is the slot I'd say would be the easiest/cheapest to use) so use whatever is in your AGP slot to do the video. Most nVidia and Radeon cards can do this just fine.

yea my quadro card actually has neither tv in nor tv out, i was thinking of one of the simple cheap composite rca input adapters from radioshack that goes throught usb, my only doubt is whether usb can carry the signal fast enough to have an accurate screen update.