Hacking For Teh Good ;)

Trip

whats your favorite hack / tool you've had to use in real life to help someone out :)

+1 to ophcrack ... friend forgot her 8char pwd last week within 2 minutes id got it :D

... i had a disk tool for remounting and creating specific boot sectors on disks when they'd become lost / damaged

^^ used that a few times to save hd's

** my usb hack stick is indispensable **

Edited by Trip

I have used quite a few hacking tools:

Ophcrack for cracking windows password

rtgen.exe for generating rainbow tables.

Cain and Abel for sniffing passwords on the network

Metasploits for exploiting computers and getting a reverse command shell

GFI's Languard for finding vulnerabilities on a network.

And Kismet for locating non broadcasting wireless.

Ophcrack is ok...

I just use konboot and then reset the password. Much quicker than cracking..

Kaspersky av boot disk for taking out those nasties.

When people are cheap there is only one option for all around protection... MS security essentials

UBCD4Win, UBCD4DOS, and BartPE disks.. for the cause. Almost anything that would stop the system from booting. Also great hdd utils.

Android Wireless Analyzer for new/added APs and Wifi Routers

Android Wireless tether (and wired... and bluetooth) For those folks with POTS..

Metasploit is nice and all I just really never delved into it too much.

Yersinia for "bringing down the house" :D people aggrivating you watching youtube in the study/break room? np.. ddos the wireless switch @ layer 2. No more internet till someone resets

And glad to see I am not the only one who still uses cain n abel :)

Edited by h3%5kr3w

When people are cheap there is only one option for all around protection... MS security essentials

And glad to see I am not the only one who still uses cain n abel :)

I am a cheap person but never use Microsoft security products. I use other products that does a better job in securing my computer than Microsoft security products.

Edited by Infiltrator

ive heard good things about the ms security suite ... but im using avast atm which is pretty neat

and some one else was telling me avira ? but im not so sure about this

... konboot never works lol .... always pops up a double bios warning on my pc's (then wont let me log in / or even boot lol)

MAKE SURE U CHECK THE STARTUP MANAGER LINK I POSTED ^^^

its a brilliant tool :D

MS Security Essentials is actually pretty nice. I don't want to pay for av, and its less intrusive that anything else I've used, yet it picks up more than AntiVir did. I like it. And tbh, if people are saying its shit I want to see evidence to say why.

As for best hacking thing I've done, figuring out how ticket inspectors work. If you show a season ticket, on a busy train, they don't read them, so I've managed to do London to Manchester, return, using an expire season ticket from Farnborough to Reading, saving over £140. I've also managed to commute to work for just under 2 weeks on a ticket that just had the word "VOID" printed on it, which is 19 instances of ticket inspectors reading the word VOID and treating it as a valid ticket, which if you factor in the £20 fine, saved me about £40 in transport costs.

MS Security Essentials is actually pretty nice. I don't want to pay for av, and its less intrusive that anything else I've used, yet it picks up more than AntiVir did. I like it. And tbh, if people are saying its shit I want to see evidence to say why.

As for best hacking thing I've done, figuring out how ticket inspectors work. If you show a season ticket, on a busy train, they don't read them, so I've managed to do London to Manchester, return, using an expire season ticket from Farnborough to Reading, saving over £140. I've also managed to commute to work for just under 2 weeks on a ticket that just had the word "VOID" printed on it, which is 19 instances of ticket inspectors reading the word VOID and treating it as a valid ticket, which if you factor in the £20 fine, saved me about £40 in transport costs.

So you never got inspected, or told off for using an expired or modified ticket?