* 128Mb Flash

* SD slot (supports SDIO)

* 4Mb secured flash

* 2 10/100 Ethernet ports (!!)

* USB OTG (on-the-go) (!!)

* SSH shell-access

Image of the board :

post-3222-1276199667_thumb.jpg

The SD-slot and RJ45 connectors should give you an idea of how tiny this thing is .

A small review available here :

http://www.raiden.net/articles/hardware_re..._soho_firewall/

There's a kit containing the "Yoggie Open-SOHO", a Debug-board and a SDK available for US$ 105 :

http://www.yoggie.com/e-store/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=65

People like us should probably buy that as it allows us to "unbrick" the device in case anything goes wrong :)

Things to do with this :

Pretty much anything, this is a mini-computer capable of running linux !

Edited by IOSys

• 2 weeks later...

How about this one.

Novatel Ovation MC760

Features:

EVDO Rev.A w/external antenna interfaces

GPS

MicroSD slot

U3 style CDFS file partition

I picked up one for 80 bucks from Best Buy through Virgin Mobile pre-paid here in the states. My intentions for this device is to either

A. Have a USB switchblade functionality where upon insertion of the device onto the target machine the driver is covertly installed for the EVDO modem, data is gathered off the machine and sent back to an email like in the switchblade, or a VNC channel is established all through the EVDO connection. Or...

B. Install a persistent version of BackTrack or other bootable *nix distro with the EVDO modem already configured and have a nice connected session on a non-connected machine.

I've already been trying to modify the CDFS partition to no avail. None of the old U3 modification tools seem to work, but if this could be utilized it would be great.

Also I'm thinking this could possibly bypass DLP systems. I have no experience with these so I couldn't speak to whether they do or not. So if any one could comment on that, that would be great.

Ideas, thoughts, questions?

Edited by DerekB

We'll if you could get it to boot from an sd card (i doubt it though) you may be able to put linux on it.

Maybe a serial mod such as done with the zipit?

Regardless of how you'll need a way to get it to boot into something or load something, if that can be done it may work, assuming that the drivers will load the hardware.

Yoggie Security Ltd. seems in trouble, their website is only accessable by IP and the webshop is down (for more than a week now).

Does anybody know an other place to get the Open Firewall SoHO dev kit?

Edited by b00n

We'll if you could get it to boot from an sd card (i doubt it though) you may be able to put linux on it.

Maybe a serial mod such as done with the zipit?

Regardless of how you'll need a way to get it to boot into something or load something, if that can be done it may work, assuming that the drivers will load the hardware.

Anyone have any luck with this? I'm very interested!

-crds

• 3 months later...
My idea is to hack the Kodak pulse picture frame into a tablet. https://www.kodakpulse.com/

Its got a responsive touch screen, wifi, SD slots and its about 7" in size. Not sure what the CPU is, but its probably not very powerful for being about $120 at best buy. Nice picture frame tho.

There is some information about the hardware/OS of the Kodak Pulse at Kodak Pulse Hack: picture frame protocol reverse engineered. You'll also find some documentation about how to set up your own picture frame server.