website facelift

Darren Kitchen

Just wait until Hak.5 is more famous, copyright your trademarks and sue for the domain? Think you can even do it in a UK court under some bizare legal loophole, thus if you win the loser pays for the whole shebang.

I was on the phone with godaddy today since I thought the domain expired today, but it was a while since I whois'd them and they must have rereg'd since then. I mentioned the whole cybersquatting thing and the sales guy said basically I'm fucked and if I want the domain my best bet is to contact them an d see if they'll sell it to me (which is extortion basically).

Always thought it came down to the ownership of the trademark. If your trading under tha name hak5 and the people holding hak5.com are a: doing zip with it & b: asking for money you can use the Anti-Cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (1999) as leveage.

http://www.keytlaw.com/urls/acpa.htm

Just seems to come down to how much money your whilling to throw at the situation.