Adito Vpn Problem

ParMan

-SOLVED-

I just installed adito vpn to my home server but i can not access it remotely. I had to put it on port 444 since i already have a HTTPS site though my server running on 443.

When i go to access my Vpn i go to "removed" though i get and error every time. If i go to "removed" i get my mediasmart home page. anyone know why I'm having this problem. i can access it from my local network. just going to https://"servername":444. anyone have a solution?

Edited by ParMan

What is the scope of the firewall entry (assuming you are using a firewall)? It might have defaulted to LAN scope.

Well its on my mediasmart server and i really have not put a firewall on it. Just the windows firewall.

Ye, check the Windows firewall. Despite been as primitive as it comes to firewalls, the scope might be wrong for some reason.

your amazing. i wasnt thinking that since i had to change the port to 444 it wouldnt be under the standard exceptions. thanks mate

-edit-

quick last question though

any way i can change it so you dont have to type in the port every time?

Edited by ParMan

any way i can change it so you dont have to type in the port every time?

Do you mean in your browser? Depends on what you are using as a router for your home network. If it has anything that can do virtual servers, then you can set it up there. Otherwise you might have to setup a DNS service somewhere on your LAN or use something like DynDNS.

EDIT: Or if you're really lazy, bookmark it. :P

EDIT2: You would have to get really technical on the DNS side of things to make it work, just as an FYI (SRVs). It would probably be easier to set something up using an Apache alias.

Edited by mux

You could configure the application to listen on port 443 (HTTPS) and then make sure you have the port 443 opened on the firewall. And to access it remotely all you have to do is type the URL of your VPN server.

For example: https://myvpnserver.com/ without the port number. That should work, and you won't need to type the port number at the end of the domain.

Edited by Infiltrator