Laptop Lock

Guest Deleted_Account

Guest Deleted_Account

Just discovered LaptopLock.com and it seems to good to be true:http://www.thelaptoplock.com/faq.php anyone have any experience with it? Just want to make sure it's safe before using it.

Thank you

If a a thief reinstalls the OS (by what ever means), this stuff will not work. Similarly, as it is software based it's possible that it can be disabled without reinstalling the OS. The best security you can put on your laptop is full disk encryption, it won't help you get it back, but it will help keep your data safe.

If a a thief reinstalls the OS (by what ever means), this stuff will not work. Similarly, as it is software based it's possible that it can be disabled without reinstalling the OS. The best security you can put on your laptop is full disk encryption, it won't help you get it back, but it will help keep your data safe.

You might want to stow a GPS device in the laptop too. Just in case it goes missing and you want to able to find it again.

^ what he said :)

What did he said? What!!! Confused!!!!!

Guest Deleted_Account

Actually i was thinking of installing on my (unencrypted) XP partition while my Windows 7 and Fedora 12 installs are fully encrypted XP isnt (my own take on a Decoy OS)

You might want to stow a GPS device in the laptop too. Just in case it goes missing and you want to able to find it again.

Thats true and i would if it wasn't for the monthly pricing :@ wish it was just like iPhone/andriod all you need is a data plan and then no GPS (Location?) price :P

• 2 weeks later...