bittorrent

Atain

Norton sucks. Did you restart your computer? Is there a check box to stop having the question to pop up? ZoneAlarm has something similar, but you can check a box to disable it for that program. But Norton is just a horrid program.

Norton AV is your problem.... take the disc, put it in the case, go to a busy road and throw it under the traffic. Then go home and grab AVG Free Edition, either Zone Alarm or Sunbelt Kerio personal firewall, Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy. All of these are free, and although kerio claims to be $20, it just times out to a more basic, but still damn good version of the product.

I know this isn't a fix for your current setup, but trust me, when I see a computer with an issue, and it has Norton AV on it, thats usually the issue.

If you want to try fixing norton AV, you need to work out what port bit torrent is using (usually 6881 if you haven't played with the settings), and manually open that port for both TCP and UDP. You also need to go into the program control settings and allow your bittorrent client full network access. I'm guessing your firewall sees bittorrent as nothing more than a halo of hundreds of connection attempts.

Bad move, replace norton with zone alarm and set the rules up properly allowing your BT client network access on demand. Turning your firewall off is like going bareback in a $1 brothel.

The only thing kerio doesn;t do that I would like it to do that ZA does do is this:

If I tell Kerio to automaticly block internet access to all programs not listed, when a new program tries to access the internet the access is just blocked and the application does not appear on the list, this makes it inconveniant for me to create exceptions. For now I have setaled on having it ask me for every thing... which while more conveniant is a more intrucive. This is my only gripe with kerio.