Windows Usb Key Unlocker

Guest Deleted_Account

Guest Deleted_Account

I have always been keen on the idea of having my computer setup to do the following:

1) Sighn in needs USB drive ***NOT KEY FILE ACTUAL DRIVE***

2) This can be coupled with a password optionally

3) Upon removal of drive windows locks making it easy to lock it in a rush

Now i have found MANY free and proprietary programs for this but either don't work, screw up windows, or miss allot of features. So I was wondering how many people would be interested in trying such a project? My idea would be to write this in either C++ or VB for simplicity. Reply if interested

It would have to be a custom lock screen because i'm not sure if you can unlock the computer from a program running from the locked workstation. You could probably easily do it in C++, not so easily in VB, you would just have to poll the usb drives and look at the VID&PID and see if they match, then ask for a password. You could have a timer running so it checks every X amount of seconds to lock the screen again.

Guest Deleted_Account

Yes i ended up finding a good example actually its called predator Free edition it basically does exactly what i mentioned plus disbling of mouse and key board. as a side note i have seen professional software used as a Logon screen for windows that requires password + usb drive so i know its possible but just not how to go about making it a replacemet