ok after all day trying to get jasager on my fon i finaly did it

then stupidly i changed a network setting and my fon now has no ip addess

from what i can make out using wireshark the fon is now listening on 0.0.0.0

but i have no idea how to fix this please help

ok after all day trying to get jasager on my fon i finaly did it

then stupidly i changed a network setting and my fon now has no ip addess

from what i can make out using wireshark the fon is now listening on 0.0.0.0

but i have no idea how to fix this please help

ok problem solved after the reset button did not work i had to do a complete flash again.

does anyone know if once loaded the firmware jasager v2 from diginija website do the madwifi drivers still need to be installed also does ruby need to be installed?

thanks

Edited by inquisitive

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem.. after messing with network settings via the web interface.. setting from static IP to DHCP 192.168.1.27... then i couldnt connect via ethernet, http, telnet or anything like that... im really lost and frustrated right now because i had just finished setting it up and was just fiddling with it using a tutorial. this one --> http://www.hak5.org/w/index.php/Internet_C...mit_Der_Jasager

i can still see the SSID OpenWrt. what can i do to reverse this??? i wish the reset button worked >:(

if anyone can help i would be so grateful.. ive been at this for hours...

oh its probably important to say that im using the firmware with an open mesh mini router..

I have a similar problem.. after messing with network settings via the web interface.. setting from static IP to DHCP 192.168.1.27... then i couldnt connect via ethernet, http, telnet or anything like that... im really lost and frustrated right now because i had just finished setting it up and was just fiddling with it using a tutorial. this one --> http://www.hak5.org/w/index.php/Internet_C...mit_Der_Jasager

i can still see the SSID OpenWrt. what can i do to reverse this??? i wish the reset button worked >:(

if anyone can help i would be so grateful.. ive been at this for hours...

oh its probably important to say that im using the firmware with an open mesh mini router..

If you set it to DHCP and do not have it plugged into a router to get an IP well that is why you cannot connect to it.

I use a crossover cable and have it get internet from my linux laptop via my linux laptop's wireless. I use static IP's for that.

If you have it connected to a router with a straight through cable, not cross-over cable, then you will have to check your router's client log for it's IP address to connect to it.

Reflash is probly the easiest thing for you.. using Digininja's firmware from his site...

Edited by Mr-Protocol

If you set it to DHCP and do not have it plugged into a router to get an IP well that is why you cannot connect to it.

I use a crossover cable and have it get internet from my linux laptop via my linux laptop's wireless. I use static IP's for that.

If you have it connected to a router with a straight through cable, not cross-over cable, then you will have to check your router's client log for it's IP address to connect to it.

Reflash is probly the easiest thing for you.. using Digininja's firmware from his site...

ok so my home router.. (linksys) just connect the open mesh to it, then check the client log, then use that ip to connect to the open mesh(ethernet? and/or wireless?)...? right?

if i can connect to it and change the setting i dont think id need to reflash it. i could be wrong though. Before i changed that setting it was working rather fine except that im not too great at networking and all so the problem i was trying to fix was that either the computer the open mesh was connected to could connect via the wlan, but not connect via ethernet to the open mesh. and vice versa. then i got it working... but my target laptop couldnt connect to the internet when it connected through jasager...blah...

the documentation and tutorials dont seem up to par to me. that was one of the things i was going to do after i got everything working right was write my own tutorial on how i got it working.

i really want to help and contribute to this whole project. im really pumped about it. thanks for any help!

Pardon my slight confusion for I am a little drunk.

So you got it working?

Unfortunately we assume networking background. I mean this kind of thing shouldn't be in the hands of people if they don't know basic networking. One thing I like about hacking things is that I understand every aspect of what is going on.

If you got it working, GREAT! It was a learning process for you and hopefully you did learn something along the way. I feel that we should encourage thinking and figuring things out instead of spoon feeding.

Pardon my slight confusion for I am a little drunk.

So you got it working?

Unfortunately we assume networking background. I mean this kind of thing shouldn't be in the hands of people if they don't know basic networking. One thing I like about hacking things is that I understand every aspect of what is going on.

If you got it working, GREAT! It was a learning process for you and hopefully you did learn something along the way. I feel that we should encourage thinking and figuring things out instead of spoon feeding.

no no no no i didnt get it figured out yet. i will eventually i just havent had the time since this happened which was only a couple of nights ago. And I can network I just dont focus on networking that much so im just kind of "ok" at it.

i totally agree about the encouraging thinking amongst the "hacking" community like you said. it kind of depends on what level youre on though you know? like someone new might need alot more help because he has no experience yet having a guiding hand keeps them interested, and eventually they can tinker and play around with their toolbox of knowledge more and more as it grows. theres a great book Pragmatic Thinking and Learning that kind of touches on that kind of "in context" thing, its recommended reading.

I will try what you said when i get the chance. I will also be making a serial cable for it in case i need it for a future problem.