Im So Lost

So i got a pineapple v2 in the mail the other day and was so excited to start messing around with it until I lost the instructions. I looked around on here but everything seem a little confusing. I tried the open mesh tutorial but the open mesh program didnt work for me. Can anyone help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without anything to go on it is hard to help, tell us what you can and can't do, what you want to do and what OS you are running.

That will give people a place to start helping you.

Im running a modified copy of Windows 7 ultimate. And thats just it I dont know where to start. My pineapple is straight out of the box. I keep hearing about the man in the middle attacks and all this other things but I dont know how to set up my pineapple.

thank you for ur help.

edit: the only thing I have done so far is connect it to the power adapter. I see pinneapple ine my network wifi connections though.

Edited by Dabeast

Before I start harassing Darren while he is on the road, anyone here got a copy of the instructions he sends out with the new pineapples? I've not seen it so don't want to tell you things that go against what he has put in there.

Before I start harassing Darren while he is on the road, anyone here got a copy of the instructions he sends out with the new pineapples? I've not seen it so don't want to tell you things that go against what he has put in there.

Here it is digininja

OVERVIEW

You see most laptops have network software that automatically connects to access points they remember.

This convenient feature is what gets you online without effort when you turn on your computer at home, the office,

coffeeshops or airports your frequent.

Simply put when your computer turns on the wireless radio send out out beacons. These beacons say

" Is such-and-such-wireless-network-around?" Jasager German for "The Yes Man" replies to these beacons and say

"Sure, I'm such-and-such wireless-access-point -- let's get you online"

Of course all of the Internet traffic flowing through the pineapple such as e-mail, instant messages and browser sessions are easily

viewed or even modified by the pineapple holder.

The WIFI Pineapple Version 2 is a specially crafted battery powered wireless hacking device based on the Atheros access point

FEATURES HIGHLIGHTED

- Web interface showing currently connected clients

with their MAC addresses, IP adresses (if assigned)and the SSID they associated with.

- The web interface allows control of all Karma features and can either run fully featured through AJAX

enabled browsers or just as well though a text only browser (such as lynx)

- Auto-run scripts on both association and IP-assignment

- Full logging for later review

- Basic command line interface so you don't have to remember the different iwpriv commands

JASAGER BASICS

Your WIFI Pineapple has been custom built with the latest version of Jasager.

Future software updates can be found at http://www.digininja.org/jasager

The Jasager support forum can be found at http://hak5.or/forums/index.php?showforum=49

Your WIFI pineapple is currently in the default configuration. It will asign addresses by LAN and WIFI using DHCP.

By default the IP address is 192.168.1.1

X-WRT, a web interface for OpenWRT, has been installed for your convenience.

The X-WRT web interface can be found at http://192.168.1.1/

The Jasager interface can be found at http://192.168.1.1:1471/

The Dropbear SSH deamon is running on standard ort 22 for advanced tinkering

The default root passord is pineapplesareyummy

For additional OpenWRT packages see:

download.openwrt.org/kamikaze/8.09/atheros

The SSID can be changed either in Webif or by modifying the /etc/config/wireless configuration files

Jasager and the WIFI Pineapple are intended to be used as penetration testing tools as permitted

Hak5, Darren Kitchen and Robin Wood are not accountable for your actions. Please use responsibly.

A note about batteries: We found that fresh 2300mAh or higher batteries work best. While lower mAh batteries may light the LEDs

the device may not boot. Rechargeables are recommended. Typical battery life with 2300 mAh = 2 hours.

DEFAULT SETTINGS

Wireless SSID: Pineapple

Wireless Encryption: none

Wireless IP address: 192.168.1.1

Root password: pineapplesareyummy

CONFIGURATION FILES

/etc/config/wireless

/etc/config/network

SUPPORT

Jasager support forums: hak5.org/forums

Software Developer site: digininja.org/Jasager

Wiki: wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Jasager

Special request: shop@hak5.org

That summes up the included manual that follows WIFI Pineapple Version 2

Written to forum by exeption.

digininja ( Please feel free to move this to any other thread suitable for others to read )

come on - at least try the instructions first.

What did you do and what was the result.

Read over the instructions again and try again.

What was the result?

Dont make us noobs look bad.

Edited by xtronic

ok maybe i didnt explain it correctly. I was able to log in to Jasager but when I log in to OpenWRT theres either a blank screen or it says permission denied. I read the other forum and it says connect the pineapple to another router in order for it to get an Ip address. Which I have done. when im logging into the OpenWRT i am connect to my original router and not the pineapple. What am I doing wrong. This is very interesting and I feel like this should be easy but im just not getting it. To bad theres not a Youtube video on the complete set up.

ok maybe i didnt explain it correctly. I was able to log in to Jasager but when I log in to OpenWRT theres either a blank screen or it says permission denied. I read the other forum and it says connect the pineapple to another router in order for it to get an Ip address. Which I have done. when im logging into the OpenWRT i am connect to my original router and not the pineapple. What am I doing wrong. This is very interesting and I feel like this should be easy but im just not getting it. To bad theres not a Youtube video on the complete set up.

Login on to the Jasager does not require any form of Internet connection, the only thing you need is a power supply and a CAT5 cable (LAN)

This cable should not be crossed.

Are you using Linux or Windows?

Anyway, I need to put your laptop or computer card into a static ip in order to connect via the CAT5 cable.

Windows: Find your network card connection, right click and choose properties, choose then TCP/IP properties.

Change it from automatic recieve to static by entering the 192.168.1.254 e.g. as the ip address, then 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.1.1 as the default gate way.

Linux: I think there the only thing you need to be doing is typing ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.22 up

- Not all that familiar with Linux, but that line worked for me..

Hope this helps in anyway..