Guest Speaker Arrested at HOPE Hacker Conference by the FBI

insidiea

The update says the Feds won't release any information until he appears in court on Monday. Seems rather strange, only thing I can think of is maybe he access to databases of personal information he shouldn't have had, or atleast the Feds think he does. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

quite possibly hes not under arrest, but using his expertise.......i know that sounds very hollywood, but just the timing of it during a conference, considering hes a CEO of a company, i dont think it would be easy for him to hide from authorities outside the digital world (in real life).

just my 2 cents.......

actually give that back, i need to go buy some milk later on....

Yeah it was a bit strange, I was in the seminar that he was supposed to appear in, and someone came onto the stage and explained to everyone that he had been taken to jail. Also, Kevin Mitnick got stuck in Columbia sick, and a blackout in Queens shut down a seminar on quantum computer and crypto. Haha, it was a pretty messy conference all in all.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, unfortunately if he knowingly broke the law then he deserves what's coming to him. Seems like an interesting and capable guy though, reading the initial post at that link indicates that he's very accomplished at his job. A shame he was arrested before he could conduct that presentation, I'm assuming it would've been on how he obtained the relevant information? Certainly would've exposed many holes in America's information security, and have been very interesting material to view/read.