Building A New Pc

Burning Aces

Are you putting this computer together mainly for gaming or just for general tasks.

Edited by Infiltrator

its for gaming and running a few VM's and havent really thought of what else..

The specs you've got at the moment looks pretty good to me. Apart from that, I don't know how hardcore gamer you are but if you are just the average gamer, the current graphics card will server you just well. Otherwise you could purchase another similar graphics card and have it set up in a crossfire mode.

Furthermore, the current amount of ram looks more than enough to me, but if you will be running more than 2 VMs at once you might want to consider increasing the ram to 8gigs.

Edited by Infiltrator

Double the memory (or if you can't afford to, plan your current purchases with a mind to do so), and consider getting a Dell UltraSharp 2209WA and replacing the HDD's with WD Black Edition models (faster and a 5 year warranty).

Double the memory (or if you can't afford to, plan your current purchases with a mind to do so), and consider getting a Dell UltraSharp 2209WA and replacing the HDD's with WD Black Edition models (faster and a 5 year warranty).

yeah the monitor doesnt matter so much, that isnt actually for me only the tower and all other parts.

how much extra are western digitals? and yes in time i planned on upgrading the ram to 8 or 12 gb and getting another hdd or 2. if WD would serve this better i can format and re-install to the WD but it would depend if i could get them in .au and how much they would be

oh ok what OS are you running?

and yeah i will soon ill get another 6gb preferably 2000mhz

Windows 7 64bit. Never really liked Linux. Tried again recently to get along with it but it's just so different I get lost so get annoyed :)

yeah the monitor doesnt matter so much, that isnt actually for me only the tower and all other parts.

how much extra are western digitals? and yes in time i planned on upgrading the ram to 8 or 12 gb and getting another hdd or 2. if WD would serve this better i can format and re-install to the WD but it would depend if i could get them in .au and how much they would be

Are you buying these parts from a local computer store or from the internet. Cause If you buy from the internet, shop around because and you could find pats a lot cheaper. That's how I do anyway.

Edited by Infiltrator

WD 1TB Black editions run for about 99US$

Also, Intel x25m SSD's are mint, good price/performance ratio.

oh ok ill definitely have a look

Windows 7 64bit. Never really liked Linux. Tried again recently to get along with it but it's just so different I get lost so get annoyed :)

oh ok i run arch linux on my laptop xD

Are you buying these parts from a local computer store or from the internet. Cause If you buy from the internet, shop around because and you could find pats a lot cheaper. That's how I do anyway.

im buying them all through a store we(my work) are affiliated with but any extra pars i'd get ill do more shopping around

oh ok ill definitely have a look

oh ok i run arch linux on my laptop xD

im buying them all through a store we(my work) are affiliated with but any extra pars i'd get ill do more shopping around

Oh cool, so you should get a good discount then.