[Version 1] How To Become A Developer

Michael

Guest Deleted_Account

I certainly hope i get one :) I have about 5 years in VB/C/C#/C++/JAVA and then 10 in Qbasic/Jbasic/Lbasic/Assembly/Shell and learning python :) i just finished making an OS from scratch (x86) as well as a debian variant for my openitouch project for my University course :) i have experience in Embedded devices such as Arduino, ARM and intel (ARM being the last used for my open itouch project). I am also currently working towards my phd. in computer science (finished my Bachelors a few years back :)

Edited by x942

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deleted_Account
How is a Linux-based OS "from scratch"? :P

lol worded it wrong i was referring to the open itouch being linux based not the other one :P lol ill fix the wording :)

Edit: now i see what i did it was supposed to say x86 there not linux based the part after was the linux part :P thanks for catching that though :P

Edited by x942

I've been using something similar for a couple of years(but much smaller) to play pranks on people, taking control of their keyboard/mouse. people will send their pcs back to IS/IT get them back as a fresh pc and then plug this thing right back into their machine.

Darren if you see this, for my request I used a different forum username (valkyries) sorry I keep forgetting about my original account.

I hope I can participate in the development of the ducky.

I know assembler, C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, C# and other languages. Working as a developer as a C/C# coder for linux/windows mostly making custom low level driver/application software for specific hardware platforms. Things like gsm interfaces for a netbook.

I also done a lot of projects at home which as far as I can say makes a lot of people around me very unhappy. My friends don't like people that can think with a black hat on even when all my hackery projects are only used as proof of concept

and a project like this would be really cool mostly when living in a country where the majority of the developers here only went into this domain as "get rich quick" idea instead of the love of it.

This seems to be a very interesting thing, it is similar to something I saw on ThinkGeek back a few years ago, basicaly it is a device that hits a random key/random click every few minutes to annoy someone. I think that should be one of the first thing for us to make, an emulation of that, just plug it into the back of someones computer and randomly generate a key then press it.

This seems to be a very interesting thing, it is similar to something I saw on ThinkGeek back a few years ago, basicaly it is a device that hits a random key/random click every few minutes to annoy someone. I think that should be one of the first thing for us to make, an emulation of that, just plug it into the back of someones computer and randomly generate a key then press it.

yup, that shouldn't be too hard at all, and I love those things to annoy people- move the mouse a few inches every 10-30 seconds, send a letter or two every 20-40 seconds. It should be really easy if you can get it to generate random numbers (which I'm sure you can.)

move the mouse a few inches every 10-30 seconds, send a letter or two every 20-40 seconds.

Mouse.move(-5, 3);

delay(30000); // in ms, 30 sec

Keyboard.print("a1");

delay(20000);

get it to generate random numbers (which I'm sure you can.)

Mouse.move(random(-5, 5), random(-4, 4));

delay(10000 + random(20000));

Keyboard.print('a' + (char)random(26));

delay(20000 + random(20000));

It should be really easy

http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/Delay

http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/Random

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_keyboard.html

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_mouse.html

Something like this:

long randNumber;
long rand1;
long rand2;

void setup(){
  Serial.begin(9600);
  // if analog input pin 0 is unconnected, random analog
  // noise will cause the call to randomSeed() to generate
  // different seed numbers each time the sketch runs.
  // randomSeed() will then shuffle the random function.
  randomSeed(analogRead(0));
}
void loop() {
  randNumber = random(40000);
  rand1 = random(40000);
  rand2 = random(40000);
Mouse.move(-56, 39);
delay(randNumber);
Keyboard.print(rand1);
delay(rand2);
}

It's not too hard to learn if you know C++, Java or ObjC, or at least it appears that way.

I'm writing up some code based on Irongeek's code, as well as Haxwithaxe's and Omi's, to make everything simpler, then coding in some functions to do stuff (which requires a ducky :().

It's surprisingly simple to do stuff (presuming I'm doing it right), except for string concatenation.

I really hope I get to work on this project. I've looked at all Swedish stores I could think of that was likely to sell this and none of them had it, if anyone knows of any stores located here please send me a pm.

I'm assuming you're talking about a teensy.

Unfortunately, I don't think you could find one in any walk-in store. They are of course available on-line here.

Is there any other hardware I need besides a teensy and a yellow rubber toy to participate in the project? am I right in thinking that the only other special sauce is in the software, or I missing something. . .

I'm assuming you're talking about a teensy.

Unfortunately, I don't think you could find one in any walk-in store. They are of course available on-line here.

Is there any other hardware I need besides a teensy and a yellow rubber toy to participate in the project? am I right in thinking that the only other special sauce is in the software, or I missing something. . .

You will need a target :D

So have a spare computer on your hand, that can be used to play with. Then your set!

Im wondering if there is anyway to make these boards yourself? Been Googling, but my Google-fu powers aint strong enough today it seems. Id like to be able make a very simple board, that works as HID device and can be programmed through USB. As cheap as possible too :)

Edit: I made a new thread about this question: DIY boards

Edited by byteTemplar