Stolden Laptop At Uri

BadPolizei

My fiancee's laptop was stolen today from a computer lab at the University of Rhode Island.

I hope to god it would be no one here but I want to inform people who may go there the keep an eye out on your things as well as others. It was an HP dv2000 with a huge chunk missing off the front right side. I hope they just wanted it for themselves and did a fresh install of windows rather then trying to get information off of it but I doubt my hopes would come true.

Anyway, please keep an eye out for it if your in the area.

Thank you

My fiancee's laptop was stolen today from a computer lab at the University of Rhode Island.

I hope to god it would be no one here but I want to inform people who may go there the keep an eye out on your things as well as others. It was an HP dv2000 with a huge chunk missing off the front right side. I hope they just wanted it for themselves and did a fresh install of windows rather then trying to get information off of it but I doubt my hopes would come true.

Anyway, please keep an eye out for it if your in the area.

Thank you

Was your hard drive encrypted? If not I wish you all the best luck in finding it.

Makes me glad that I don't really have any important data on my netbook. Almost everything is sftp'd to/from my server or is stored on thumb drives if I need to work with anything.

Good luck finding it.

A GPS tracking device, would be a good a thing to have on a laptop.

also prey would work

Hahah, good luck in finding the hunted.

lo-jack for laptops... software base but at least you would have some hope; That is if the person who stole it is a moron with a password. Anyways you could go about it like you would a lost dog. post posters with reword if found.

Good luck.

lo-jack for laptops... software base but at least you would have some hope; That is if the person who stole it is a moron with a password. Anyways you could go about it like you would a lost dog. post posters with reword if found.

Good luck.

prey tracker is a free edition of it

prey tracker is a free edition of it

I guess the problem with that software is, it needs to be installed on the computer first. Before it can be used to locate the laptop. I don't think the OP has it installed either. Apart from that it seems to be really good piece of software.

Edited by Infiltrator

I guess the problem with that software is, it needs to be installed on the computer first. Before it can be used to locate the laptop. I don't think the OP has it installed either. Apart from that it seems to be really good piece of software.

Well..... this could be a lesson for those who have laptops and use them out of their own environment.