Airdrop-ng

Wild Thing

Hey Everyone,

i am new to this forum and I'm not sure if this is the right section, but i have been watching the show for a while, and when i saw TheX1le talk about airdrop-ng during the Shmoocon 2010 episode, and i was wondering if anyone thought of making it completely modular.

e.g. it can rely on any sniffer like Cain and Abel, or any other. and by making it be able to run on the Pcap drivers or any other driver. if anyone was able to get a hold of it that is...

here is a 20 minute video if airdrop-ng is unfamiliar:

http://airodump.net/airdropng-video-presen...-shmoocon-2010/

on a side note how would i get in contact with TheX1le?

i thought pcap was for packet capturing? all airdrop-ng does is send deauthentication messages to wireless access points. as far as i know its just a rather clever wrapper for aireplay-ng that lets you easily set up filter rules.

it doesn't do any capturing. aireplay doesnt do any capturing either, it just sends out deauthentication requests. what is it you're envisaging? it may already exist somewhere

i watched the episode again and it used airodump, to do the sniffing so it can pick up the packets and send out the deauth packets airdrop makes.

i guess im envisioning airdrop-ng to be able to use any kind of sniffer.

and i dont think the drivers have anything to do with airdrop, guess i remembered wrong about that part.

so yes, insofar as using airdrop-ng (or, since it isn't really available yet, we'll say aireplay-ng) with packet capturing applications other than aircrack-ng: well if you're deauthenticating people to grab a handshake when they reauthenticate then you can use kismet i guess, and then use cowpatty for WPA or something else for WEP but i like to keep everything within the aircrack-ng suite for simplicity and compatibility. It seems cain and abel can do packet injection and WEP cracking, but really why bother? WEP cracking takes about 3 minutes with an automated script using the aircrack-ng suite.

As for deauthenticating for other reasons, there's nothing stopping you using any other software but it really depends on what you're doing. The only other reason i can think of that you'd want to deauthenticate someone if you weren't wanting to crack WEP or WPA is so they accidentally authenticate with yourself instead (a la Jasager, Karmetasploit etc).

aireplay-ng (in this context) and airdrop-ng just do one thing: deauthenticate clients from access points. they dont gather any info or send anything out. what happens next and with what tools is up to the user to decide.

As for deauthenticating for other reasons, there's nothing stopping you using any other software but it really depends on what you're doing. The only other reason i can think of that you'd want to deauthenticate someone if you weren't wanting to crack WEP or WPA is so they accidentally authenticate with yourself instead (a la Jasager, Karmetasploit etc).

aireplay-ng (in this context) and airdrop-ng just do one thing: deauthenticate clients from access points. they dont gather any info or send anything out. what happens next and with what tools is up to the user to decide.

You might just want to piss some one off..or it could be at an AP you are already on and some one else keeps trying to dowload on it, so second wificard and start de-authing them :D

aircrack-ng neeeeeeeeds a gui

1 it has a gui - Gerix Wifi Cracker NG

2 cli is alot more powerful than gui and you could actually learn something

3 the windows version already has a gui

4 your post is useless