Hakbuntu Distro

chunky

im not keen on backtrack they desperately need to include more drivers

or need some kind of autoupdate routine

now a full ubuntu backtrack would fookin rock !

Edited by Trip

way to make yourself look like a douche

backtrack has drivers, try searching

This sounds familiar.

i am a n00b to linux im pretty skilled in teh windows

hacking is one steep learning curve but im enjoying the challenges it presents

and im hooked ... i used to pick locks for a hobby n this is very similar but way more rewarding

anyone who can help me get kismet working i will reward with some free nerdcore dubstep lovelyness ;0)

Edited by Trip

since backtrack is already based on ubuntu, why dont you create some packages for whatever drivers you're missing instead of reinventing the wheel?

if you're wanting this to be a live cd / usb, then perhaps it'll be simpler to repackage backtrack with the included drivers rather than package ubuntu with all the software backtrack uses.

I would make packages for all the tools for ubuntu if I were to make a similar project. Instead of going the other way and building the drivers for backtrack. That said backtrack has a lot of modifications to the kernel config so it might end up being just too much crap to do to get some tools working. Also there is a project called nubuntu doing the exact thing I just suggested and they are having a hard time keeping up with the ubuntu release cycle. They have a full repo of all sorts of tools and they are trying really hard to keep up, so why not help them out and 1 get instant dev team and 2 help them out by contributing your effort instead of everyone heading in a million directions.