Windows 7 64bit Freezes At Random

Justin

I have T61 lenova laptop with window 64bit Enterprise installed on it. It freezes at random!!! Whenever I start a program, try to connect to the internet via wireless, open a explorer window... open firefox...and etc. I can still move the mouse but it is laggy. The hard drive light is a steady light. I have scanned for viruses... chkdsk and error checked, system restored the whole 9yrds and still get the same result.. Can't find anything wrong. I've run out of options.

I have a degree in Electronics Technology( Computer Servicing) and Networking... I usually would have figured it out by now... lol!!

Any Ideas.. Email me!!! I need to have it fixed so I can use it this semester...

THanks

Justin

Email: justin.stevison@gmail.com

What has changed since the install or has it always done this since install? Did it come preinstalled? and is it 100% compatible with the hardware? How much memory does it have?

Fully patched?, upated drivers(from manufacturer, not Windows Update), what services are running, 3rd party software(Virus scanner, firewall, etc). Could be any number of things. Worst case, start over, document everything you install until it happens again.

I have 7 on several machines now, and while there are some quirks to certain programs(older software) its fast and stable and gives me no troubles. Only time things get funky is when I experiment with services that I turn off and disable for testing stuff.

I have T61 lenova laptop with window 64bit Enterprise installed on it. It freezes at random!!! Whenever I start a program, try to connect to the internet via wireless, open a explorer window... open firefox...and etc. I can still move the mouse but it is laggy. The hard drive light is a steady light. I have scanned for viruses... chkdsk and error checked, system restored the whole 9yrds and still get the same result.. Can't find anything wrong. I've run out of options.

I have a degree in Electronics Technology( Computer Servicing) and Networking... I usually would have figured it out by now... lol!!

Any Ideas.. Email me!!! I need to have it fixed so I can use it this semester...

THanks

Justin

Email: justin.stevison@gmail.com

Update all the firmware in the pc. IBM won't even look at a machine until the firmware is all up to date. If you still have the issues, give this a try:

http://www.wikihow.com/Force-a-Blue-Screen-in-Windows

This will allow you to do a crashdump when the system is freezing. You can then load the dumpfile in windbg, and see what is going on. You may have to configure a full memory dump, both user and kernel memory. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649 has instructions. Ensure that you have enough hdd space. Here's a good resource for using the windows debugger: http://www.expta.com/2007/05/how-to-debug-...mory-dumps.html If you can track it down to a process, then you will have your culprit.

I had to use this on a server that was doing very similar things. In that case, the server wouldn't write the crashdump, so I ran a low-level format on all the drives in the server, and one came back bad.

Also, the lenovos don't like when you have the hdd set as compatible in the bios, but usually that manifests itself on boot.

Hope this helps. FWIW, I have a t61 as well, 32 bit Windows 7, and I am not having any issues with random lockups. Firmware and OS are up to date.