1st Ipad Teardown ...

Trip

Actually, 10" capacitive IPS tablet, its not going to fail, its going to be the start of something amazing. Look at iPhones, I've never owned one, but if it wasn't for Apple the phone industry would be very different. With the iPad, its not what Apple do with the idea, its how other companies react to it.

there are ipad alternatives that let u run your own code ...

ipad is just a gimmic they'll release another in 6 months with a feature they missed from the 1st lol

.... im sure apple will have lots of competition in this area

i cant see many people buying into the whole ipad thing tbh .... at least the computer savvy world anyway :)

Sure, but how consumer-friendly are they?

ipad is just a gimmic they'll release another in 6 months with a feature they missed from the 1st lol

iPhone OS 4.0 will be announced this Thursday (Friday morning my time), almost confirmed to have multitasking.

I'm betting on the same outcome as the iPhone - no real competition for a few years.

It depends, personally I think my iPod Touch is an incredibly slick device, but it doesn't discount the fact that in order to get the thing to do what I wanted it to and look the way I wanted it to, I have to invalidate the warranty. There is Android, which is a little rough around the edges, but it does more of what I want it to, and for me its a very real competitor. These things aren't cut and dry.

Guest Deleted_Account

i cant see many people buying into the whole ipad thing tbh .... at least the computer savvy world anyway :)

And Here is the one i got:

enso-now.com/

it is an amazing tablet plus once rooted we can run our own stuff too. Although it may be "locked down" its allot more open then the app store and is alot closer to a computer.

Sure, but how consumer-friendly are they?

iPhone OS 4.0 will be announced this Thursday (Friday morning my time), almost confirmed to have multitasking.

I'm betting on the same outcome as the iPhone - no real competition for a few years.

The above tablet i posted (ZenPad) is very user friendly although i am an apple fan and love my ipod touch and the iPad (dont own but have used) the only reason i prefer the zenPad is because of the fact it is open to expandable memory access to the Andriod market better OS in my opinion and less restrictive (not to mention ipad and itouch are virtual the same no point in having both) also Andriod is opened up enough i can actually down load attachments without jailbreaking, and use word processing plus syncing back to my computer :)

But that is just my opinion i do like the iPad it is just not for me even with jailbreaking I believe that it should have included OSX not mobile iphoneOS also could have been left open like a real computer or the ZenPad not too mention my ZenPad was $155 +$25 shipping which is allot nicer then 499$ for the iPad also with the ZenPad if you want 3G its only $35 more :P

Guest Deleted_Account
How is the Enso ZenPad? I was thinking of getting one, but I will probally hold off until the HP Slate is in.

It is amazing :) i love it definately worth the $155 :) The HP slate looks nice i was also intrigued by the courier too bad it is only speculation right now :(