Getting A Fon In The Uk?

Hi there,

I'm new to Hak5 and I'm really enjoying the show. Currently watching back through the archives. Looks like you've got quite a nice community going on here :)

I was wondering if any of you know where to get the Fon 2100 from in the UK? I see two on eBay, but they don't end for 7 days, and I don't want to wait that long!

I can get hold of a Fon+ easily enough, but I was hoping for a 2100 just because it's so small. Or should I be looking at the Fon+? Is it a much better device than the 2100, or is it just cos it has an extra eth port?

P0k3_P1e

Dabs and Fon.com occasionally have stock, they seem to come and go.

As to which, depends on what you want to do, just Jasager then the Fon is fine, Interceptor or other network stuff then the Fon+ or Fon2 would be better.

i just used a fon+ for the jasager setup. perhaps not ideal because its a bit bigger but its more or less the same bit of kit with an additional network port. only other advantage an old fon has is that the early versions gave you a second antenna circuit you could solder an additional antenna socket to, to give you diversity or a split tx/rx but i hear those early versions were prone to over-heating anyway. the latter fons dont have it, and the fon+ doesnt either.

if you're gonna get a new fon+, have a look for offer codes from fon.com so you'll get it for £25 instead of £30

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

I'm new to Hak5 and I'm really enjoying the show. Currently watching back through the archives. Looks like you've got quite a nice community going on here :)

I was wondering if any of you know where to get the Fon 2100 from in the UK? I see two on eBay, but they don't end for 7 days, and I don't want to wait that long!

I can get hold of a Fon+ easily enough, but I was hoping for a 2100 just because it's so small. Or should I be looking at the Fon+? Is it a much better device than the 2100, or is it just cos it has an extra eth port?

P0k3_P1e

I ordered one from the HakShop, delivered to the UK within 6-10 working days via a USPS small box.

Darren was fantastic with replying to emails on delivery as i know he's one busy dude !!

I would most definetlly order from the HakShop in the future.