MK2: Step By Step Open Mesh Jasager V2

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure how to flash other devices. You'll have to check out the OpenWRT site or some other threads.

i found out that

DAP -1160 = RTL8186

was told jasager and all of them don't work on my router but i keept trying

i can't access it from telnet at all for som reson

if i have the router on defult IP 192.168.0.50

then the open-mesh-flash change my ip adress to 192.168.0.1 it seems to be uploaded but can't access it

even conected a Usb to the 4 pins in the router but windows did not recognize it

i finaly managed to install this using the Dlink web interface

Wive-v0.6.1

Alternative firmware and software with open source for platforms based on the SoC Realtek RTL8186

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtl8186/files/

more info about this can be found here

http://blog.wel.org.ua/

use google translator becos the site is in Russian

(if original Pass/usern (root/rtl8168) don't work try admin / rtl8186)

it looks more "flexible" so i will continue my search to se if there is a way to put jasager in to it

and it might help you dudde/duddets fidd/hack with this kind of router :)

i allsow found this firmW site for Dlink but have not figered ut how to use it

http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/

hope this it helping any one in any way some how

You won't get Jasager working on the device as it doesn't have an Atheros chipset. The whole Jasager setup revolves around a patched version of the Madwifi drivers which only work on Atheros so no go. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Recently I ordered a Jasager device from the Hak5 store. I worked brilliant. After playing around for a while I managed to screw up the ip settings and was unable to connect to the device.

To solve my problem I flashed the fon following the steps gaud described in this topic. Everything went fine. I can access the web interfaces on the fon again. But when trying to change karma settings nothing happens. Switching Karma on/off makes no difference. It keeps saying its on. Also switching the interface doesn't work. (Wifi LED stays on) Changing the Black/Whitelist mode is also not working. It stays in Whitelist mode after clicking the Change button.

Any suggestions to fix this problem?

Hi All

Recently I ordered a Jasager device from the Hak5 store. I worked brilliant. After playing around for a while I managed to screw up the ip settings and was unable to connect to the device.

To solve my problem I flashed the fon following the steps gaud described in this topic. Everything went fine. I can access the web interfaces on the fon again. But when trying to change karma settings nothing happens. Switching Karma on/off makes no difference. It keeps saying its on. Also switching the interface doesn't work. (Wifi LED stays on) Changing the Black/Whitelist mode is also not working. It stays in Whitelist mode after clicking the Change button.

Any suggestions to fix this problem?

Seems like an Internet Explorer problem. There is no problem in FireFox :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

I know this issue seems to have been beat to death here in the forums. I can even sense the anger building from those who are tired of answering the same questions, but at the risk of being the object of ridicule i have a few questions.

1. I purchased my pineapple v2 from the Hak5 store instead of building my own so I am wondering if I need to follow the same steps as those who are flashing their FON and updating the firmware?

2. When I login to my openwrt interface i get a message about escalation. How to get around this?

3. what is the proper configuration method for using in a Windows 7 environment and/or Backtrack 4 environment?

Thank you all in advance!

1. The point is that it is already built, you don't have to do anything on the Fon for it to work, just set the rest of the environment up

2. don't know what you mean about escalation

3. You are right when you say we are tired of answering this question, it is documented in so many places and giving plenty of different solutions. Read the forums and you will find all you need to know.

You'll find we are nice and friendly to anyone who puts effort in themselves.

Feel free to ask questions but show that you've tried to solve the problem yourself before coming and just complaining it doesn't work. We also like feedback, if you get something working finish the thread with how you got it working as you can guarantee that if you've had a problem others will have it as well.

• 1 month later...

I've tried the instructions listed with my recently received OM1P but it does not respond on any of the IP addresses that have been listed for possible defaults throughout this forum. Installing the latest release of OpenWRT straight from them works though this doesn't have Jasager working on it so it doesn't work for me. Also I've been unable to use ap51-flash-osx binary to flash the OM1P and have had to use a second Windows laptop, it starts and detects the device in Redboot mode but just hangs on the first flashing device status line.

Are their different versions of the OM1P that might preclude the Jasager firmware from working on it?

• 2 months later...

I tried to follow this guide using Open Mesh Pro (OM1P). However I get stuck at step 4 as I cannot telnet to the device after flashing it. What could be the problem?

>telnet 192.168.1.1

Connecting To 192.168.1.1...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed

• 3 months later...

Has there been any fix for the OM1P?

The issues Im having is just like the others said. I can flash without errors but I cannot telnet nor ping.

I have my PC's IP as 192.168.1.99 and the target being 192.168.1.1.

All other interfaces on my pc are disabled except for the ethernet port.

• 3 weeks later...