Splitting The Forums Down

Split the forums  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we split the forum up to specific areas or keep it generic

• Keep it as it is
    • Break it into parts

There has been a suggestion of splitting the forum down into two parts, one for Linux and one for Windows. I think if we did it though we would need three, the previous two and a general one.

My personal opinion is that it wouldn't work too well for the following reasons:

• People are sloppy/lazy and will put things in the wrong category just because that is the one they are looking at
  • At the moment there is a single place to check for new discussions, splitting it down would mean more places to check.
  • Would we do an OSX/other category? There have only been a couple of questions from Mac users but I wouldn't want to alienate them by not giving them their own section.
  • Some problems may appear OS based but then turn out to be cross platform
  • It may improve searching as you know you have a windows problem so search the windows forum but then the answer turns out to be in one of the other forums

I suppose these last two are about the same but hey.

Anyway, I'm happy to listen to the community opinions so here is your chance, convince me that it is worth breaking the forum down and I'll see what can be done.

• 2 weeks later...