Restarting a shareware trial

Lyran

Hey well ive found this program and i really like it and i need it atm for this clan im in so they dont know its me who has rejoined :P

So umm the trial for the software is only 6 days and i know with most trials you just set your date back on your computer but its not the case with this one since it connects to an online server to determine the date and time and how long uve been using :( so if i were to uninstall the software what would i need to do to get a new trial without the new install reconising there was an old one and that the trial is complete? Like regedit n' stuff? i will be buying the program when i get the money btw :).

Link to the program : http://www.screamingbee.com/product/MorphVOX.aspx

Please help me out : (

Well, if they're getting the current date and time from a webserver, you can probably also bet they've stored your IP on their webserver, and know that you've used it before. All you would have to do (if this is the case) is simply trick it into think that you are a different IP then you really are.

Also, it'd probably be smart to check your registry for any keys relating to Screaming Bee as it might use that as well for a double-referene.

That's how I'd start off atleast.

I could do, but I was kinda hoping some clued up gammer would post a free/open alternative to the program he wants to pirate. Or someone would know of a mod that would work. Thus turning this train wreck of a thread into something useful. Good idea/bad idea?

I've found a couple projects on SourceForge that have voice changing abilities, but only for their own program on their own network. I haven't found anything that operates on anything like Ventrilo or TeamSpeak that seems to be able to change the sound of your voice. If I come across anything, I'll post a link to it.

I have a solution (as long as this is all using standard audio jacks), connect your headset to a 2nd PC, run a real time voice modder on that, and output the result to your gaming rig via audio extension cables. You could probally do with a virtual PC, but the overhead becomes an issue.