Netgear Question

dvljigen5277

Alright, so, here goes. I have a NETGEAR WGT624 v4 router and I'm wondering if there's maybe some kind of hack or mod I can do to it to boost the signal strength (or at least focus said signal strength in a single area) The reason I want to do this is because I work at an apartment complex and use this router at work to "steal" internet by plugging it into one of the business center's wired connections, which is like a little under 30ft from my office and with it's current setup I'm only getting like one or two bars.

Thanks

can be modified to work with an antenna as well. Edited by digip

The reason I want to do this is because I work at an apartment complex and use this router at work to "steal" internet by plugging it into one of the business center's wired connections, which is like a little under 30ft from my office and with it's current setup I'm only getting like one or two bars.

Rogue wireless AP?

I think you should consider, upgrading your computer's wireless adapter, to something like the one below.

http://www.alfa.com.tw/in/front/bin/ptdeta...Category=105463

That will definitely improve the wireless signal strength.