Any Ideas Welcome

hi,

ive installed jasager on the fon, and ics and tested ics, i have connected and used the internet,

also when i turn on my fon i see it associate with other networks,

however when the interface is up and karma is turned on no clients show up in the client list,

has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by dualboot

Okay I think I am having the same issue. I am currently using the firmware version up on Digininja's website.

When i turn on Karma I don't see any clients trying to connect even though I am having my desktop looking for wireless networks.

However the funny thing is if I change from Black List I can see that Karma is won't allow the SSID's to connect.

Any Ideas?

Here is a portion of my log:

Jan 1 00:23:05 kernel: KARMA: ssid ["FindMe"] not found in whitelist so rejecting

Jan 1 00:23:05 kernel: KARMA: ssid ["Thermopylae"] not found in whitelist so rejecting

Also when i try and set the SSID on the whitelist to allow the SSID using the command "iwpriv ath0 addkarmassid FindMe" I get teh following error:

Interface doesn't accept private ioctl...

addkarmassid (8C00): Invalid argument

Adding to the list doesn't work, it is broken at the moment.

My guess is that maybe FindMe and Thermoylae may be trying to use encryption. They connect then find they can't use encryption so leave looking for the real AP, see Jasager again and come back.

The fact you are seeing the rejections in the log means that Karma is doing its job and accepting the connections.

If you want to debug more fire up kismet on another machine and grab a packet dump then go through it, see who is initiating the disconnection.

Adding to the list doesn't work, it is broken at the moment.

My guess is that maybe FindMe and Thermoylae may be trying to use encryption. They connect then find they can't use encryption so leave looking for the real AP, see Jasager again and come back.

The fact you are seeing the rejections in the log means that Karma is doing its job and accepting the connections.

If you want to debug more fire up kismet on another machine and grab a packet dump then go through it, see who is initiating the disconnection.

Thanks DigiNinja!!! I will have a look at that now.

So if I understand correctly that when a request is set out Karma it say "Hey i'm here". Subsequently the client will try sending the encryption key. Seeing as karma doesn't know anything about the encryption the session is ended.

A. Is it possible to extend Jasager to allow for it to keep a log of AP that have tried to connect with encryption. Then if there is a potential that we know the Encryption key that this file can be used to Authenticate the request.

B. Is there a way of capturing the the encryption request and spoof a response?