Editing Software That Works With Gif?

red shadow

Hey,

I was using Pivot and I wanted to add some cool blood effects, but u can't do that in Pivot.

So I finished it, made it a .GIF and then put it onto flash, that wouldn't let me edit it.

So, I put it into windows movie maker, finished it, put it onto MAGIX movie maker, but, none of the files I could export it as worked on Flash!!! So, I was wondering, Does anyone know an animating software that can edit .GIF files???? Thanx!!!

PS. I use Adobe flash CS4 and Magix Movie Maker Pro 15 download edition

Photoshop and Image Ready can both edit gif files. Also, I think Flash lets you export each frame of a gif as individual images, just have to select each frame then export the image per frame to edit them 1 at a time.

With Image Ready, you can edit them in layers and open any gif file and see all the frames while Photoshop can create gifs from its layers (using the animation pallette), but doesnt open them frame by frame like Image Ready, it only shows you the first frame when opening preexisting gifs. If you select from the window menu in photoshop titled "animations" you get a new palette like that of Image Ready, whcih can turn any layered image into an animated gif and then "save for web" as an animated gif file. So Image Ready is easier to use to edit preexisting gifs, while photoshop is easier to create them from within photoshop and can use all the effects of photoshop, then save the animation as a gif.

Photoshop and Image Ready can both edit gif files. Also, I think Flash lets you export each frame of a gif as individual images, just have to select each frame then export the image per frame to edit them 1 at a time.

With Image Ready, you can edit them in layers and open any gif file and see all the frames while Photoshop can create gifs from its layers (using the animation pallette), but doesnt open them frame by frame like Image Ready, it only shows you the first frame when opening preexisting gifs. If you select from the window menu in photoshop titled "animations" you get a new palette like that of Image Ready, whcih can turn any layered image into an animated gif and then "save for web" as an animated gif file. So Image Ready is easier to use to edit preexisting gifs, while photoshop is easier to create them from within photoshop and can use all the effects of photoshop, then save the animation as a gif.

Thank you so much! I thought photoshop might work, but it's an animated gif, does that still work???

Edited by red shadow

You can always use GIMP to edit anim gifs. Though if you have payed the cost of photoshop then you had better use that just to get your money's worth. :D

Thank you so much! I thought photoshop might work, but it's an animated gif, does that still work???

Like I said, Photoshop can turn an image into an animated gif using the animations palette, but it seems to only open then as 1 frame. Image Ready can open all the frames, and if needed, export directly to photoshop, so it can be done, but you have to open it in image ready first, then click the little box that says open in photoshop, and it sends all the frams to ps as layers. Once in ps, open the animation pallette from the windows menu and you can then edit the animation and resave as an animated gif using the "save for web" file > save options. note: when in the "save for web" screen, be sur eto hit ctrl+a to select all frams and then make sure to save as a gif, not png or jpg. You should get a little play/rewind bar if you select the correct save options when choosing gif as the filetype.