Did I Brink It?

Did I brink it?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did I brink it?

• Yes
    • No

I started to install Jasager on my Fon. The problem was that I couldn't download the zip file to install it on the Fon due to the hak5 servers being down for like a week. So I figured it wouldn't be that hard to find a mirror of it. Never found one. So I watched the Youtube video and tried to manually find all the required firmware and programs. I found it all. and started to install it. I got to the part where you patch the kernel and reboot and the wireless never turned back on and I couldnt connect to it via ethernet. I thought I found a updated version of the firmware, but I think it wasn't.

So wireless not turning on means brinked or not?

Edited by blarg42

Well you can always reflash and see what happens.

Go to http://www.digininja.org/jasager/download.php and download the latest firmware.

Next use winrar or 7zip and extract the files from the file you downloaded and put them on your desktop.

Then make sure you have wincap installed.

Visit http://www.gargoyle-router.com/downloads/f...ash-windows.zip and download the file.

This fon flash program will make it easy for you to flash your fon with the latest firmware and you won't need to mess with any commands (for now)

I think Darren's post has a picture of this and how to use it.

Note: I noticed that sometimes my firewall interferes with the fon flash program, so what I did is disable the wireless and shutdown my firewall program and ran the fon flash and everything went smooth.

Good luck,

I started to install Jasager on my Fon. The problem was that I couldn't download the zip file to install it on the Fon due to the hak5 servers being down for like a week. So I figured it wouldn't be that hard to find a mirror of it. Never found one. So I watched the Youtube video and tried to manually find all the required firmware and programs. I found it all. and started to install it. I got to the part where you patch the kernel and reboot and the wireless never turned back on and I couldnt connect to it via ethernet. I thought I found a updated version of the firmware, but I think it wasn't.

So wireless not turning on means brinked or not?

There as a time when I installed something on my Fon and the wierless didn't turn on. All that I had to do was connet to it with by the ethernet port and then turn it back on.

The reson you can not connect to it through the ethernet port may be that the Fon's DHCP server is not giving you an IP address. You could try to run a DHCP server on your computer then connect the fon and it should give it an IP address and then you can SSH or brows to the WebIF admin web page.

I describe setting up dnsmasq on you computer in this how to. But just do the part to get the dnsmasq DHCP/DNS server up and running then connect the Fon and you should be able to get back to work.

http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=15185

Edited by echoblack