Video Tutorial: Installing Aircrack + Wicrawl On Ubuntu Linux

miT

Aircrack-ng

Aircrack-ng is a set of tools for auditing wireless networks. These tools can recover 802.11 WEP and WPA-PSK keys once enough data packets have been captured. It implements the standard FMS attack along with some optimizations like KoreK attacks, as well as the all-new PTW attack, thus making the attack much faster compared to other WEP cracking tools.

Last year i walked you through installing the Aircrack-ng suite on Ubuntu Linux.

We will be installing and using just part of the Aircrack-ng suite, airmon-ng. This will allow us to put our wireless card into "Monitor" mode.

Wicrawl

Wicrawl is a simple wi-fi (802.11x) Access Point auditor with a simple and flexible plugin architecture. The plugins allow us to find out useful information about an AP so we don’t have to manually check each access point. Plugins are implemented for existing common tools, and new plugins can be written in any language. Wicrawl is able to use multiple cards, and eventually will be able to use multiple computers.

The goal is to automate the tedious task of scanning wi-fi access points for interesting information. This can be a useful tool for penetration testers looking to “crawl” through massive numbers of APs looking for interesting data. Plugins will be everything from DHCP and nmap to aircrack or hooks to move a motorized directional antenna around.

The guys over at Midnight Research Labs stopped development back in 2007. Being a bit out-dated, it wouldn't compile on the latest Ubuntu without a couple tweeks. I replaced the entire source code in the Aircrack-ng plugin folder with the latest SVN (as of this post). I also had to add a header file to the discovery folder to help it compile.

I went ahead and tared up my folder with all of these edits so you can easily compile it on the latest Ubuntu Linux (9.10 as of this post).

In this video tuorial, i walk you through installing Aircrack-ng as well as Wicrawl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpcurS2VoU0

As always, there is a text version available on my blog:

http://timashley.me/node/383

P.S. I cant believe i was on hak5 last week! It still blows my mind!