Routing All Web Traffic Through Vpn

comp2x2

I'm wondering if there's a way to route all my internet traffic through a VPN. Hamachi is a popular VPN program, but from what I understand it only tunnels traffic between your computer and computers on the other side of the VPN.

I'd like all my web traffic to tunnel through the VPN, and then out that side of the connection.

Is there a way to accomplish this with Hamachi? If not, what software can accomplish this? Thanks.

openvpn does. Use the following directive in the server.conf

push "redirect-gateway";

Here's a little writeup I did about it.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~beakmyn/vpn%20...to%20Guide.html

You may also need to modify you're firewall to allow the traffic. Also, keep in mind that your internet connection need will now be limited by how fast your upload is at the VPN server.

Edited by beakmyn

• 2 weeks later...

But, when I've got my laptop on a random wireless connection somewhere, I want to be able to connect to the vpn (using dyndns lol), and force all the internet traffic from my laptop to go through my vpn at home. Basically, I want to encrypt all my internet traffic.

I know it'll be slow and all, but I'd still like to do it.

But, when I've got my laptop on a random wireless connection somewhere, I want to be able to connect to the vpn (using dyndns lol), and force all the internet traffic from my laptop to go through my vpn at home. Basically, I want to encrypt all my internet traffic.

I know it'll be slow and all, but I'd still like to do it.

That's what I do. my 300K upload is ok for websurfing but not much else. I've got OpenVPN running on 1194 and 53 sometimes one will get through where the other won't ;). All my traffic goes through the VPN.