March Desktops! -2010ed.

h3%5kr3w

@Hex: Well, that sure beats a 1.8Ghz Pentium M, 768MB DDR. Yep, you read it right. I'll be getting a new laptop soon though, heading off to uni after the summer. Looking for the right price/performance break (maybe an i3?). Also, I find XFCE more stable than OpenBox.. I had a few problems in OpenBox that haven't arisen since switching to XFCE.

Edited by pritchard9

I read somewhere if the i7 is too high really try for an i5 cause the price/performance factor is awesome, but i dunno.. In a laptop my personal opinion is unless your running it as a desktop replacement only then I would go for the i5. My AMD x2 (ql60) in my laptop kicks just fine with most things including virtual box, especially if your doing stuff like learning server08 or something (that's really what I bought it for. well that and learning M$ SQL). For a desktop unless your doing some hardcore video editing or desktop publishing, a phenom II x4 would suffice absolutely fine for the cheap.

I haven't really done much with openbox before. Tried a few times, but considering I was trying to configure it from the ground up I really didn't get much further than a really crappy looking and feeling (but uber light weight) desktop. Maybe Dr0p will do a tutorial some time :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is my desktop.

post-18185-1270865693_thumb.png