March Desktops! -2010ed.

h3%5kr3w

I like your icons and your conky though.

the icons are 'puft' by david lanham. couldn't seem to see them on his site any more though, but they should be knocking around the internets. ive been using them for years.

this is what my acer aspire one netbook looks like, with crunchbang linux, using his somatic icons :lol:

2009040512389264801024x.png

Well folks.. After some really aggrivating stability issues that arose in PC-BSD, I canned it and went back with good ole' 7. But nothing special to see there. However! I have finally got a good working and pretty (IMHO) Arch setup working w/xfce4 :) so here's the photo of that.

screenshotbk.png

It's running in virtualbox with the full vbox extensions, compositing, translucent window effects, and using OSS for the sound system. Runs like a top, and to top it all off, it's only using 200mb of memory! I am going to be looking soon to port it to iso and then install it along side 7 (cause I am liking it that much :)

Edited by h3%5kr3w

Well folks.. After some really aggrivating stability issues that arose in PC-BSD, I canned it and went back with good ole' 7. But nothing special to see there. However! I have finally got a good working and pretty (IMHO) Arch setup working w/xfce4 :) so here's the photo of that.

screenshotbk.png

It's running in virtualbox with the full vbox extensions, compositing, translucent window effects, and using OSS for the sound system. Runs like a top, and to top it all off, it's only using 200mb of memory! I am going to be looking soon to port it to iso and then install it along side 7 (cause I am liking it that much :)

1. Install Arch

2. Use OpenBox

3. ???

4. PROFIT

Hex man.. Arch. Xfce4.. WE'RE LIKE THE SAME PERSON! :o

'Sept, you have the horsepower to virtualise haha. Man, this machine is a heap of junk.

Anyways, heres my desktop. Wallpaper is the same, because, well, this one makes me smile :).

201003152344551024x768s.png

Well Arch+XFCE4 = FTW in my book, because xfce is so light on resources yet not very hard to configure so it's the best of both worlds! Unfotunately I kinda sold out... again... I went on an OSX look alike rampage and well.. You get the picture. Xfce4/aqua...

screenshot1ooo.png

but at least it's easily changed back..

also btw, power? nah.. i'm pushin' an Athlon X2 5600+ w/2gigs of memory. Even though I have everything enabled as far as pretty stuff, it's starting to really lagg when multiple windows are open or if I am using the gimp :P (but awn has never been nice with resources..)

Oh and FYI!, that page title "Linux Commands for Beginning System Administrators"? I couldnt remember the damn command for 'top'. well. now I know :P

Edited by h3%5kr3w