Checking Security On ....

Chris B.

Guest Deleted_Account

"Isolate" by that you mean, using a Vlan switch. And then segmenting your network into small vlan groups and applying the necessary policies.

yes i use both Vlan switches and one of these

http://www.cisco.ws/en/US/products/ps6021/index.html

I have also isolated a LAN from WLAN by using 2 modems WLAN connected to router and Modem A followed by Modem B and LAN ==> complete sandbox ( it was upon a clients request both modems were for Shaw inc. and Shaw's business bundle at the time allowed for up to 3 modems per bill/connection? not sure what to call it but basically you could run 3 modems plugged into different cable outlets and use the same internet for 1 price lol) VLANs and lan switches are much easier but that guy was paranoid!

Either way i love using VLANS to isolate a network into vlan groups as you mentioned which is what we primarily use except for 2 servers which NEVER need to be accessed through wifi these are isolated with the LANswitch i posted above and although the VLAN isolates the computers these servers (apache and SSH) are needed to be completely off the wifi grid. they are still accessable through our LAN however but wifi has no direct way unless you VPN into a LAN pc over the the net but only our home office and me can do that :P

Another reason why all our data over wifi is sent over a VPN as well is to ensure no insiders could be potentially sniffing packets and such. Every user has there own VPN user and password so no one person can sniff another user without them having told them their password (or social engineering). We also use a IDS and IPS to ward off attacks :P

yes i use both Vlan switches and one of these
http://www.cisco.ws/en/US/products/ps6021/index.html

I have also isolated a LAN from WLAN by using 2 modems WLAN connected to router and Modem A followed by Modem B and LAN ==> complete sandbox ( it was upon a clients request both modems were for Shaw inc. and Shaw's business bundle at the time allowed for up to 3 modems per bill/connection? not sure what to call it but basically you could run 3 modems plugged into different cable outlets and use the same internet for 1 price lol) VLANs and lan switches are much easier but that guy was paranoid!

If I am not mistaken its called a load balancing device, that can have 2 or 3 wan interfaces sharing more than one internet connection, and greatly reducing the load on the network. You could also set it up as a fail over as well, where if one modem fails, the remaining modems take over.

I don't know if that's what you are referring to. But the link you provided does not work.

Edited by Infiltrator

nice :P

so infiltrator still want my ip?

Yeah share it with me, I won't do any harm, I promise you my friend.

And before I begin with my attack, I will run your ip address through some tools, just to determine if you haven't given me a fake or different ip address.

Edited by Infiltrator

Guest Deleted_Account
If I am not mistaken its called a load balancing device, that can have 2 or 3 wan interfaces sharing more than one internet connection, and greatly reducing the load on the network. You could also set it up as a fail over as well, where if one modem fails, the remaining modems take over.

I don't know if that's what you are referring to. But the link you provided does not work.

Yes that is it. we used it as an isolation method for the client. Also ill check the link and fix it asap.

Guest Deleted_Account
Yes that is it. we used it as an isolation method for the client. Also ill check the link and fix it asap.

Alright the link is working for me now. Its the Lan switch we are using from cisco.

Alright the link is working for me now. Its the Lan switch we are using from cisco.

Cisco makes great networking gears. I miss the old days when, I was in the computer lab at my UNI configuring routers and switches, as part of my CCNA certification course.