Suicide Linux :x

h3%5kr3w

This is pretty awesome to think about. Imagine it as a game. Would be fun for a con.

You know how sometimes if you mistype a filename in Bash, it corrects your spelling and runs the command anyway? Such as when changing directory, or opening a file.

I have invented Suicide Linux. Any time - any time - you type any remotely incorrect command, the interpreter creatively resolves it into "rm -rf /" and wipes your hard drive.

It's a game. Like walking a tightrope. You have to see how long you can continue to use the operating system before losing all your data.

Suicide Linux

Edited by h3%5kr3w

Wow, it's so suprising that the way I posted this idea from someone else's blog especially for a specific purpose (if you didn't read it the first time, I suggested it would be a great game for a con) that everyone thinks it's dumb. Oh well. I still think it's a great idea.

Well here's another one to add to your dumb posts: how about an electric chair that kills someone everytime firefox crashes? At least it has a good purpose.

I think it would be interesting just booting from an iso. maybe instead of deleting everything just make the cli a game that keeps score of your successful commands, and if you mistype, it dislays "Game Over" and restarts your point count or deducts from it and posts online. Hm... sounds like an interesting app.

I think it would be interesting just booting from an iso. maybe instead of deleting everything just make the cli a game that keeps score of your successful commands, and if you mistype, it dislays "Game Over" and restarts your point count or deducts from it and posts online. Hm... sounds like an interesting app.

This is a much better idea, plus some sort of online scoreboard to report back to.