Prototype - Fon 2100 Wardrive Unit Complete!

Hello ppl,

its been some while, but I did mention on some stage that I was working on creating an Wardriving Unit out of an Fon 2100 - complete with SD Memory, GPS, Battery Pack, OpenWRT 8.09, Kismet, GPSD, Rescue Mode etc... And what shall I say? Its done and working! ^-^

...And I got an complete documentation and how to that baby!! ^-^

So if you want to check it out, feel free to:

http://www.nico-maas.de/wordpress/?p=339

Greetings,

Xeno

Neat! I might borrow your time from the gps script for my wrt. That's the one thing I could never get to work right when I built my wardriving wrt54gs box. Got the serial working, got the mmc card working, even got kismet working. I could log in and manually set the time, and sometimes it'd get the time from the gps. A bunch of us over at the netstumbler forums built a few. One of the admin's knows a taxi driver in Denmark, so he has a box in the back window of a cab. I think he's number four or five on wigle. I call that cheating. :D

Edited by barry99705

Neat! I might borrow your time from the gps script for my wrt. That's the one thing I could never get to work right when I built my wardriving wrt54gs box. Got the serial working, got the mmc card working, even got kismet working. I could log in and manually set the time, and sometimes it'd get the time from the gps.

The original script derived from cptdondo at the openwrt.org forums. I just remade it a bit with other ppls code concerning netcat and gpsd. Its really quite an sucker sometimes. And I personally mean gpsd ;-). Be careful with that code as cptdondo told me that the gpstime stuff would have killed its Wrt Unit somehow. Seems to be an error with the kill -s command that shutdown the init all the time or such. But he also added he got an old and self compiled busybox. I think that could go to that direction. I personally had no problems at the moment. Actually I did develop the whole thing for months now and I started with OpenWRT 8.09 RC2 and after I got everything working and the "install script" (yeah its all echo here, echo there, its lousy, I'm sure there'll be more methods like packages or such, but I'm not really into all of that and only one kind of an lousy linux guy - so I made it with not much on the claws but very much love, and it does work too ;-)....) - I did an complete fconfig init -f and "killed" my most precious prototype enviroment, flashed OpenWrt 8.09.2 Stable, installed the ipkgs and let the script run - the log is also in the Weblog. And it worked. So I'm quite positive its about that old busybox version. Mine also told me an error that it doesn't know kill "s" - but it does correctly shutdown. So maybe an false positive? Mh. Dunno but it magically works ;-). I'm also thinking about hacking an iGPS M Pro USB Mouse to Serial and using that instead of the really bad mouses I used to ( Got the Mouse here, its really worlds better and I did open it up - 1x 5V+, 1x GND, 2x USB Data and two other NOT used Connectors... I bet these are TTL Tx and Rx - as there is also an USB and Serial Version of that Mouse that does come with an Cable Adaptor to Change between USB and Serial Usage...). And I would like to use an better Antenna maybe. We shall see ^-^....

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=22950

Greetings,

Xeno