Your browser extensions...

Sparda

Having read http://www.hak5.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1533 and reading VaKos claim about Firefoxs instability, I personaly do not find firefox unstable at all, it used to crash every time a page tried to load the WMP pluging, so I uninstalled that and now it rarly crashes. I seriusly don't remember the last time it crashed.

My Extensions:

ext.png

I use 22 extensions, and a compliment of plugins like flash, shockwave, java, vlc etc. I tend to have around 10 tabs open, in 4 windows on average, althouth sometimes far more. 95% of the time, firefox is fine, but there was a release a few incriments ago that was about as useable as a drunk wombat singing show tunes about the website I wanted to visit. Since then it has gotten better, especially after I tweaked some of the memory useage settings relating to history functions (does it ever need to use 500mb of ram??). I love firefox, but i wish they'd do a bug fix dev cycle before we get any new features.

I seriusly don't remember the last time it crashed.

I thought it was rather funny for you to make that claim, yet you're running a "Restart Firefox" plugin. If it's so stable, why would you need a plugin like that?

And I'm running the regular Mozilla browser (I *SO* love the ability to just put search terms in the location bar as opposed to a separate input box), so no plugin list from me.

And I'm running the regular Mozilla browser (I *SO* love the ability to just put search terms in the location bar as opposed to a separate input box), so no plugin list from me.

Just type "google whatever" into the location bar and it does the same in firefox

I seriusly don't remember the last time it crashed.

I thought it was rather funny for you to make that claim, yet you're running a "Restart Firefox" plugin. If it's so stable, why would you need a plugin like that?

The restart firefoxplugin makes it easyer to restart firefox when I have to manualy restart it, it has nothing to do with crash recovary.

The restart firefoxplugin makes it easyer to restart firefox when I have to manualy restart it, it has nothing to do with crash recovary.

Why do you need to restart it? Manually or otherwise.

Windows NT had to be restarted every 5 days too, and nobody dared to call such a system stable.

I'm not comparing FF and NT. I'm comparing views of stability, but using something less likely to get the fanboy treatment.

But point taken. Still think it's funny you need a special plugin as replacement for "click the X in the top-right, then click on the firefox logo next to the start button". Or do you need/want to update/upgrade these plugins every 14 seconds?