Hak5 Smokers

dr0p

Sorry don't mean to offend anybody, but don't smoke and don't drink its a waste of money and of life as well. I have better plans for my money.

Socializing and enjoying yourself is a waste of money?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm missing a point here, but surely this thread's probably the wrong place to be if you're absolutely against smoking, never have done it and never will do it?

Regardless, I agree with VaKo, that's not to say I believe you can't have fun without a drink, but it certainly can be helpful for lubricating social situations, often to the point of doing things or meeting people you might never have otherwise, so I'm happy to enjoy a few glasses now and again. Besides, you can't take your money with you, may as well have a little fun in the meantime, eh?

Socializing and enjoying yourself is a waste of money?

Hows socializing and enjoying yourself a waste of money? Explain me that! I do socialize casually, and only waste money on whats important. Like food and technological stuff.

I don't think anyone is trying to say that by not drinking your being stupid, I just want to discount the idea that drinking is nothing but a waste of money. You may not choose to drink, but don't try and belittle others who do choose to drink. Not drinking doesn't make you a better person, in the same way that drinking doesn't make you better or cooler than those who abstain.

Infiltrator are you flying the Christian flag?

No sir, never why do you ask? If it was because of my comments above, just disregard them. If I offended anyone I am sorry. But it is just me, this was the way I was brought up.

Hows socializing and enjoying yourself a waste of money? Explain me that! I do socialize casually, and only waste money on whats important. Like food and technological stuff.

Nevermind, you clearly didn't understand my post.

Nevermind, you clearly didn't understand my post.

PM me if you want?

PM me if you want? And sorry, I think you are right I misunderstood you.

Well I gotta throw in my two cents, I prefer Marlboro reds but broke times call for bugler rolling smoke, 40 papers an it keeps my joints in good practice, as far as weed goes its something that beats the crap outta the goverment's pharmacopia that they push, I smoke roughly a 1/8 Oz a day of the expensive green, keeps the nerves calm.

No one is offended, just curious as to why drinking is a waste of time in your opinion.

Where I live people only think of drinking and that's the only thing they seem to care about. Everything they talk about is lets go to a pub, or is there a pub around the corner. I mean there are obviously other things you can do and you can enjoy yourself with, without thinking of beer. I mean this is just how I perceive things from where I live.

I guess it's part of the culture but anyway never-mind.

Edited by Infiltrator

Well that's a fair point. This is fairly typical behaviour for most of the UK, especially on the weekends. But life is about balance, so my advice to you would be to not discount drinking entirely as you can have some great times on booze, however its not a lifestyle. I'm not sure how old you are, but I am guessing that if your younger than 20, you will discover the magic of alcohol eventually. Its a tactic, not a strategy.

Well that's a fair point. This is fairly typical behaviour for most of the UK, especially on the weekends. But life is about balance, so my advice to you would be to not discount drinking entirely as you can have some great times on booze, however its not a lifestyle. I'm not sure how old you are, but I am guessing that if your younger than 20, you will discover the magic of alcohol eventually. Its a tactic, not a strategy.

I am actually 23 and I think I know exactly what do you mean. I did experiencing drinking before and to be honest I am not much into it all. But you did make a very good point and I appreciate that.