Mvix Nubbin

digip

Does anyone here own this device?

http://www.mvixusa.com/Nubbin/WirelessN-USB-Adapter.html

Google hasn't really given me any difinitive answer on the inards of it or what chipset it uses, just that some people had issue susing it with uBuntu, but I'm not so much worried about that if there are proper drivers for aircrack, then I know it would be fine for my needs.

They have it for cheap on ThinkGeek, but I dont want it if it cant do injection or work with the aircrack-ng suite. I cant seem to find any proper specs on the internals of it, just that it does 802.11 b/g/n and works with linux. Anyone know the chipset in it? Capabilities?

Thanks in advance...

Now if I can just integrate the humping dog from think geek with this small wifi usb drive >:)

(with maybe some space??)

looks really cool, my guess is that you would need to do some special things to the config files or something, nothing ever works out perfect for me with ubuntu, but always ends up working after a while of fixing it.

This isnt a matter of getting it working with uBuntu (or linux for that matter). My thign is are there drivers for it that will do monitor mode and injection so it can be used with Back Track and Aircrack-ng. if all it can do is get me online, then I already have built in wireless for that. My Broadcom works with aircrack in monitor mode, but sadly does not do injection and I have an additional card for that, but it doesnt do 802.11 N, only b and g.

People still rocking 802.11a seem to be even safer these days, as most newer adapters arent even supporting 802.11a any longer, only b/g/n.

I checked out the drivers for that thing and it looks like they are for the RT3070 chipset.

I've got an Alfa Wireless N adaptor that uses the same chipset, but I haven't got it to work with BackTrack. For whatever reason BT4 seems to think that it is an RT2870 and tries to use those drivers for it.

I did get it to "work" but network detection was slow as hell.

I ended up just using my b/g adapter for wireless scanning.

I checked out the drivers for that thing and it looks like they are for the RT3070 chipset.

I've got an Alfa Wireless N adaptor that uses the same chipset, but I haven't got it to work with BackTrack. For whatever reason BT4 seems to think that it is an RT2870 and tries to use those drivers for it.

I did get it to "work" but network detection was slow as hell.

I ended up just using my b/g adapter for wireless scanning.

Yeah, no injection with those drivers: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/bt/wireless-drivers/

Thanks for the heads up! Not going to buy it now.