Zip/rar password crackers

Darkmist!

so i have this encrypted rar file that i have from years ago, when i thought i was all 1337 and encrypted everything, and i cant seem to remember the password. i dont think it was more then 5 characters but i don't know and i wish to crack the password. i have several computers that i could run a cluster knoppix destro on and spread the work around but i want to try it on my windows box instead of going through all that setup.

what does the hak5 community use to get by passwords on their compressed files on both linux and windows?

BackTrack4 now has a password cracker in it for rar files, but can also do it using a cuda capable GPU, so it can be done super fast if you have rhe right nvidia card.

BackTrack4 now has a password cracker in it for rar files, but can also do it using a cuda capable GPU, so it can be done super fast if you have rhe right nvidia card.

ooh.. does the rar cracker on backtrack 4 support cuda or which one are you talking about for cuda?

ps. thanks for the fast reply

BackTrack 4 supposrts Cuda and so does its crackers for wep, wpa, rar, etc. Hit up PureHate over on the BT forums. He can tell you how it works better than I can, since he is th eone who implemented it, from what I can remember.

edit: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/documents/B...K_CUDA_v2.0.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
BackTrack 4 supposrts Cuda and so does its crackers for wep, wpa, rar, etc. Hit up PureHate over on the BT forums. He can tell you how it works better than I can, since he is th eone who implemented it, from what I can remember.

edit: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/documents/B...K_CUDA_v2.0.pdf

wow thanks for the responses. ill look into it when i can.

on a side note: woot! can finally log into the hak5 forums again!