how could i hak it?

~JC~

so my college uses screen monitoring software, in the computer lab..so therefore my reboot with ubuntu method is nix...so i need to figure out a way to display a looping video to them, and launch a virtual machine from usb without these guys seeing it..

gotta bet with the lab guy there that they cant catch me..lol dont really know how i can do it..

any ideas?

What software is your institution using out of curiosity? If its LAN school see the security section.

However no one has come up with a looping of the screen capture. Most are for killing the running processes its self.

im not sure the name, ill have to ask.

if i just kill the process, then they will be able to tell, if i shut down the computer, they will be able to tell.

i think what im gonna do is use a Uprogram of some sort to record the IP addresses connected. should only be a couple. then i go to another comptuer and get the ip adresses of that one. witt a comparison i should be able to distiguish what port and ip address the software is using... (all without opening any programs or doing it live...so they cant see it)

they use software that blocks autorun.ini files when you plug your usb in, but that easily circumvented.

once i get that far, then i can run another program that will "copy" 5 minutes worth of whatever is going out of my computer on that port. then its just a matter of shutting down the program that is sending the screen image, and replace it with my program that loops over and over....

the goal would be for all this to happen in the back ground from a usb key. they dont monitor processes...just screens

now i just need to code it...blah.. maybe i can do it with python.

then its just a matter of shutting down all their security software starting a virtual machine, and running ophcrack to check tables to get their admin password, then login as admin, get network keys, and viola, full control.

I once tried to look into looping a video to my instructors computer (we use Vision6)... It was way over my head. I tried packet analysis, which I have absolutely no background in, and I had no idea how to go about capturing the packets I needed...

I just got a great idea though... maybe. It might be possible to forward all traffic coming from the client through your computer and to another computer with the software installed. The same image would be displayed at almost the exact same time, so it might be rather noticeable, unless you could delay the packets maybe. Just an idea.

• 1 month later...
i got permission to do it, so its all good...no i dont have admin rights, (i cant even access the task manager. lol) ill figure it out.

Damn if you had admin rights, all you could do was install a firewall.

could you spoof someone elses address so that the teacher see 2 images of another students machine and doesnt see yours?

I guess you could, but you would need admin rights in order to make this changes.

Guest Deleted_Account
so my college uses screen monitoring software, in the computer lab..so therefore my reboot with ubuntu method is nix...so i need to figure out a way to display a looping video to them, and launch a virtual machine from usb without these guys seeing it..

gotta bet with the lab guy there that they cant catch me..lol dont really know how i can do it..

any ideas?

If this is anything like my schools network then try this (lets say its on windows XP):

At home on a winxp VM record the desktop with nothing happening (or something that looks like school work)

Save it as a .wmv/.mov

at the school what i did was use my laptop (with fake mac addy since ours worked off of mac addys instead of ips) i pretended to be the school pc (which they saw the looped "study" video and on their actual comp i was off on lets say Hak5.org :)

Reason for this is: our schools wifi sucks and half the time only works for LAN (wlan?) connections (stupid colubris) so i would do this and for some reason the Screen Capture software only connects to the first computer with that mac addy so by the time i log into the second one it is already logging a video running in my vm with the software installed and configured to the schools "server" (if you can call it that).

Not sure if this will work for you this is how i did it with mine though also maybe change ips where i changed macs.

any ideas?

Are your friends using wired or wireless connection?

they didnt catch me for months,

i new from watching other people that pulling the wire out back of computer (ethernet cable) then not all the filters would load then i could get to cmd and task manager then it was simple matter of using a proxy program to bypass everything (i dotn know if this metho will work for you but this let me run exe files, bat and all but it wasnt quite admin proviliges which was strange becasue i could accses run and i was looking through regedit on htere a couple days ago

Desktops.exe included in the sysinternals suite works against most monitoring software. It opens a new desktop space in windows that you can switch too leaving the monitored desktop alone. (Of course they will see that you aren't moving your mouse or anything but you could switch back and scroll down a page once in a while to simulate reading ;p)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/cc817881.aspx

Edited by Madmaniac

Desktops.exe included in the sysinternals suite works against most monitoring software. It opens a new desktop space in windows that you can switch too leaving the monitored desktop alone. (Of course they will see that you aren't moving your mouse or anything but you could switch back and scroll down a page once in a while to simulate reading ;p)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/cc817881.aspx

Now that is a good idea. It actually spawns a whole 'nother explorer.exe, and most screen monitoring programs probly wouldn't catch it....