Help with Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1

Fraggi

Hey all,

Im in needing of some help:

As the topic says: Help with Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1, network trouble.

Im runngin a Windos Home Server with Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1, and I want to do a virtual pfSense router.

Everything works, _Exept_: I want to add a D-Link DWL-G122, 54Mbps wireless adapter.

Only the internal NIC is shown and available as bridged - That works and connect to the network just fine, gets a IP from my DHCP server.

I was wondering: How to add it to the Virtual Server, step-by-step?

Could anyone help me out?

/Fraggi - BIG fan of Hak5 from Sweden, my life was so empty before I found Revision3 and Hak5.

I'm gonna go off on a limb here, but I suggest that you try a different Virtualisation software. VirtualBox is free and damn fast, plus it would solve your wireless card problem.

But....if you want to stick with Virtual Server because you bought it ... then I'm sorry. Can't help you there mate. Good luck

Virtual Server 2005 doesnt do USB support (but I believe http://www.microsoft.com/hyper-v-server/en/us/default.aspx does).

What you can try, is load the VirtualServer disks in VMware which does support USB. You will need to create a new VM in vmware, then point to the Server2005 virtual disks when creating it, then add a USB device to the VM, and plug in your card. Be sure to install the dirvers for the card first, then plug it into the VM.