Improper unmount from Qtparted/Gparted

eeeeeesy

I guess you can say i got a little bit carried away with my partitioning and whatever and I started playing with my 4gb sd card and I decided to try a cool program called Qtparted, I hear its a more laid back method for reformating and repartitioning.

Anyway... My problem, please if anyony can help me by maybe sending me a link?

my problem is exactly that i had mistakenly closed qtparted after deleting my partitions and forgot to unmount the device, the prompt displayed along the lines of imroperly umounted the device may be corrupt . The reslult now is when I select the drive in windows it say PLEASE INSERT DISK, and no drive appears when using linux either.

Can someone please tell me the name of a recovery disk for my sd partition or maybe mbr, i dunno? (also instead of a card reader i was using my psp.) My 4gb sd is unrecognized.

Can somebody possibly point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advanced

eeeeeesy? I think not.

Have you tried creating a new partition on it?

i cant even get that far, because for backtrack its says dev not in fstab and in wiindows my PSP shows up as drive e:\ but i click it and it says please insert disk in drive e:\ and it does not show in disk management.

is my card useless now?

If i where able to find an OS that would show me my SD was corrupt or something then atleast i would know it was recognized and could go from there.

but nothing to show me its corrupt. My sd just isnt there.

it had partitions at first but i deleted them while i was in backtrack using qtparted and then i closed it and shutdown forgetting to unmount which is what causing this mess.

By the way I appresciate your help, thank you

I use an eeepc 900 and i think i remember something like no dev in fstab, but ill try though, how shal the commands be like? /dev/sdb/ for usb port?

I use an eeepc 900 and i think i remember something like no dev in fstab, but ill try though, how shal the commands be like? /dev/sdb/ for usb port?

Depends, it might be if it's the only other storage device attached other than the OS disk.

If you do an fdisk -l (preceded by sudo, if needed) that will tell you all the partitions and whatnot, and what the devices are named.

Best bet would probably be to boot into a gparted livecd and recreate the partition on that sdcard.

ya i guesss like i was saying im sure it wont show any other device. ill try fdisk though so 1 sec i must turn on my eepc with backtrack and see

EDIT: shoooooot. no its not there.

mount point /mountpoint does not exist

im doing a google search to see what i find for mount: can't find /dev/sdc1/ in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab qtparted

maybe it will help

EDIT: I dont want to try creating a new fstab entry because im sure a different sd card will work but im not letting 4gb go to waste so easily so ill keep looking