Wireless Packet Sniffing in Windows

homebrew Hacks

i am also a n00b, at all this hacking and stuff, but what you are trying to do, isnt that called an ARP cache poisning attack?? but to the point, the programs you can use to sniff packets, are cain, and ethereal(not 100% sure though)

i am also a n00b, at all this hacking and stuff, but what you are trying to do, isnt that called an ARP cache poisning attack?? but to the point, the programs you can use to sniff packets, are cain, and ethereal(not 100% sure though)

no what he is trying to do is capture wireless packets..... not do any kind of attack or illegal activity just pick the packets out the air and er.. save them.

:)

anyway back to the point at had and seeing as you havnt requested a how to at wep crackin then try out this site

http://www.stumbler.net/

You can use any packet sniffer to capture network packets, be they wireless or otherwise. My personal favorite is Wireshark (http://wireshark.org/), formerly known as Ethereal.

Note, however, that the ability to properly decode the relevant 802.11 headers relies on your wireless card's capabilities. For my Atheros-based card, I've found that manually setting the card to monitor mode via iwconfig and then selecting a particular channel allows me to see the full 802.11 frame. If the card is in managed mode (associated as a normal user), I only see the generic Ethernet pseudo-headers.