Where to buy Bluetooth modules

NegativeSpace

I've been looking all over the place for a 2.1 Bluetooth module made by Azurewave, the BT-253. I've found similar ones on ebay and a couple other places, but not the exact one that I need. I did find the exact one that I need, but it's from the European Asus store website, and I'm not going to pay shipping to me all the way from where ever the warehouse is in Europe, for a 20 dollar part. If anyone knows where this can be found inside the United States or even Canada or Mexico, that would be great if you could share. I would gladly take a used one out of a cannibalized laptop. They come installed in some Asus machines, just in case anyone has a dead Asus laptop. I also need the 8 pin cable that goes with it.

Would it not be cheaper and easier to pick up a $5 USB bluetooth dongle from one of the several Chinese wholesalers dotted around the net?

It would be cheaper and easier, but I don't want to use a dongle. No matter how small they are, they still use up a USB, and there's always the chance that i;; forget to unplug it and break it off or break the usb port loose from the MB. The machine I want to install it in had the option for it from the factory, but mine doesnt have the option. Internal is just so much cooler.

Does anyone have any ideas of where to look for this card? I am still searching all the time, but I am still no closer to finding a BT253. Anyone? Even the long shots are better than anything. Please keep in mind though, that I have exhausted all of the usual suspects (google, local stores, online electronics retailers, etc.)

• 3 months later...